Five Stars

tMap - no output data

1. I have a job which consists of two sub jobs. Please see the main_job picture for the same.

2. The first sub job is named as tMap_1 in the images. This gives me proper filtered output when the main_job is run in the first sheet of excel output

3. The second sub job named as tMap_2 in the images. This gives me a blank output in the second sheet of the same output excel used for the first when i apply the filter as shown in the image.

Why is this happening.

Note. When I put no filter on the tmap_2, the data is properly shown there in the sheet2 of output excel

Please help me identify this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: tMap - no output data

What if you do
"Americas".equals(row8.REGION_NAME)
instead of
row8.REGION_NAME.equals("Americas")

TRF
4 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

In tMap1 you use the "equals" method to test equality of values. This is correct. In tMap2 you are using "==". This essentially tests to see if the Strings are the same Object, which they are not. Have a read here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7520432/what-is-the-difference-between-vs-equals-in-java

You need to change tMap2 to use "equals".

I should also point out that you will probably want to link your subjobs. This will allow you to control which is run first. 

Rilhia Solutions
Five Stars

Thank you for the earliest reply. But when I use the equals in tMap_2, The job fails with a null pointer exception. The database has values for this query. But still it fails

the tMap_2 link to the tFileOutput shows 45 rows , but the job fails and I cannot retrieve the exact output. Could you please explain why does this happen.

Error:

[statistics] connected
Exception in component tMap_2 (Data_validation)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at local_project.data_validation_0_1.Data_validation.tDBInput_4Process(Data_validation.java:4702)
at local_project.data_validation_0_1.Data_validation.runJobInTOS(Data_validation.java:7764)
at local_project.data_validation_0_1.Data_validation.main(Data_validation.java:7601)
[statistics] disconnected

Job Data_validation ended at 10:22 11/08/2018. [exit code=1]

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

What if you do
"Americas".equals(row8.REGION_NAME)
instead of
row8.REGION_NAME.equals("Americas")

TRF
Five Stars