One Star

tMap inner join & output rejects

When performing an inner join between two tables and in addition filtering the Main input data using expression filter,
what happens if i select both enable inner join reject option & the enable output reject options in one of the tMaps' outputs?
will the output give us the inner join rejects 'or' the main input flow expression filter rejects?
8 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tMap inner join & output rejects

see attached image...
Community Manager

Hi
You will get the the inner join rejects, the enable output reject options acts on the filter expression of output table.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for the quick response!
Two additional related questions:
1. What happens when both reject flags are activated (inner join reject & output reject)?
2. If there is more than one output and more than one expression filter, lets say there are two ouputs and two expression filters, one for each output, (in the output of the tMap), how does the output choose which expression filter rejects to take?
Thanks!
Community Manager

Hello
1. What happens when both reject flags are activated (inner join reject & output reject)?

It will merge all the inner join rejects and output rejects.
2. If there is more than one output and more than one expression filter, lets say there are two ouputs and two expression filters, one for each output, (in the output of the tMap), how does the output choose which expression filter rejects to take?

It will get the reject rows which don't exist in both the two output.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

H,
After a long while.
lets say i have set both "catch output reject" and "catch lookup inner join rejects" to TRUE.
now in the output component, how do i identify what is the cause for the reject?
i have joined 3 tables(lets say tableA, tableB, tableC), and have some expression filters. i want to identify rows rejected because join with tableA failed, join with tableB failed and join with tableC failed and expression filter separately.
is there a way?

Hi Nusky,
Are you looking for tmap "ErrorReject"? What kind of errors are supposed to be captured?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi Sabrina,
i have rows in table A like: account_no, country_code, currency_code 
A0001, SG, SGD
A0002,UK, GBP
in table countries: country_code, country name
SG,     Singapore
UK, United Kingdom
in table curencies: currency_code, currency_name
SGD, Singapore dollar
GBP, Great Britain Pound
But there are 2 rows in Table A like
A0003, AA, SGD
A0004, UK, BBB
I can get A0003, A0004 in rejects output in tmap, but i want to know that A0003 rejected because AA was not in countries table and A0004 rejected because BBB was not there in countries table
is there a way to identify due to fail of which join row in table A was rejected?

Thanks, Nusky
Two Stars

Hi Nusky,

You can pull two link for output to know which join fails .In first link you do only inner join reject(i.e if the value will present in table A and it will not present in countries table then it will go in reject.) and in second link you do only catch output reject (i.e it will based on your condition means it will catch the records rejected by a filter you have defined in the appropriate area).

Thanks

Avinash