Six Stars

tMap forwarding more rows than planned to tJavaRow

Hello,

I have 2 objects connecting to a tMap. For my test, I've created 3 records on main object A, and 2 on lookup object B. I've also linked a tJavaRow to my tMap to print the rows values. However, instead of getting 3 records, I'm getting 6 (3 from main object A times 2 from object B) :

Capture2.JPG

How to I prevent that? i only want the 3 records from main object A, with related fields of object B. For example like this job:

Capture3.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: tMap forwarding more rows than planned to tJavaRow

Hi,

What is the join key in tMap?

If you are not using join key it will be cross join and you will get 2*3 records out.

Please post tMap configurations.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

You must have a common field between main object and each lookup object (probably the field used to establish the lookup relation between these objects).
Then you have to choose between inner or outer join model in tMap depending on what you expect.

TRF
4 REPLIES
Nine Stars

Hi,

What is the join key in tMap?

If you are not using join key it will be cross join and you will get 2*3 records out.

Please post tMap configurations.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

You must have a common field between main object and each lookup object (probably the field used to establish the lookup relation between these objects).
Then you have to choose between inner or outer join model in tMap depending on what you expect.

TRF
Six Stars

Thanks a lot vboppudi.

A little nudge in the right direction was all that I needed. I configured a join key in my mapping, and it's working as it should now.

Six Stars

Thank you for your reply TRF. I already configured a join key as suggested by vboppudi. I marked his answer as the chosen answer, because he was the first to comment.

Thank you again.

Kind regards.