tMap expression builder to choose correct input value

Four Stars

tMap expression builder to choose correct input value

Hi Everyone,

I'm busy with a little project using Talend for Big Data in order to learn how to use it - note that I've also just started with java, so its all new to me. Please be patience with my requestSmiley Happy

For this project, I have two xls files as input (Test_ConfigData + VLAN_Input)  with my metadata create as excel file which I then use through a tMap to write an xls as Output (see attachment Job.JPG and tMap.JPG for layout). The goal is to update the master file with the new details provided in tFileInputExcel (VLAN_Input). I can update majority of the fields expect for the one field (Next-Hop IP) which has more than one value that change. For example, Site A has three addresses which are all changing and needs to be updated, however the site name remains the same and therefore the output only contains the last address for all three - see attachment Output.

I would therefore like to know how I can use an expression builder or perhaps a if statement to select the correct address for each field? Any other suggestion are welcome as well.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: tMap expression builder to choose correct input value

Hi,

By default, the match model in tmap is unique but if you would like to pick all the matched values, could you please try to use All Matches option. This will help to add all the different values from lookup table.

image.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

By default, the match model in tmap is unique but if you would like to pick all the matched values, could you please try to use All Matches option. This will help to add all the different values from lookup table.

image.png

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Four Stars

Thank you very much Nikhil - that resolved the issue!