tMap - Inner Join rejects are are not identified correctly

One Star

tMap - Inner Join rejects are are not identified correctly

Hello,
I had built a Talend job to compare data from two sources using tMap. The following diagram gathers data from 
   Source -1 : different postgres tables & loads it into the Postgres_output (which is a tFileOutputExcel)
   Source-2 : from a tFileInput delimited after final applying a lot of transformations into the NTIDAY_MF_output (which is also a tFileOutputExcel)
The final tMap is configured to take the data in the 2 excel files & applies an inner join on all necessary rows which needs to be compared. It then spits out - 
  - the inner-join rejects into a mismatch file &
  - the inner-join non rejects into a match file
When I execute the job, Source-1 has 2420 rows & source-2 has 2338 rows (which even mismatches on the number of rows both sources have). So I expected to see around 82 rows as missing entries in the mismatch-file (ie., inner join rejects). But there were no mismatches obtained. May I know why ? 
I would be happy to share more details on the Talend job, if needed. 
Thanks,
Hari
Twelve Stars

Re: tMap - Inner Join rejects are are not identified correctly

I would be happy to share more details on the Talend job, if needed. 

as seen from pictures - Your additional 83 rejected records, rejected by filter
so need compare filter logic and JOIN logic, this is unfortunately not seen from pictures
+ no understanding how You populate 2nd input file - may be error somewhere on previous steps
-----------
Six Stars JR
Six Stars

Yes, Source-1 (the main input) has 2420 rows. Each of these rows now looks up into your "lookup" input. Apparently, there is a match for each input record in your lookup. The output "match" has 2420 rows. Just by looking at this, this seems to be correct. As there was a match for each row, there is no rejected output. I am not sure what it is you are missing here.
Twelve Stars

simple example to show what it could be - You can miss 1 or more JOIN keys and have duplicates in Source 1 
as You can see - with same source data, but missed JOIN key - result different, and in this case it include all rows as matched

-----------