I'm trying to use the component tMSSqlsp to call a stored procedure that returns a result set i.e. multiple rows!
However, the help for this component shows both an input and output schema, whereas I only get the input side.
I'm also not exactly sure what components are needed to either display the result set or save it to file, I have tried a number of options, but as the initial component tMSSqlsp is not working, then I'm not getting too far.
I am using version 6.4.1, I'd be very grateful for any assistance on this topic!
Have you already checked this document about:TalendHelpCenter:Calling a stored procedure or function without input parameter and with input parameter.
Hi Thanks for the reply, yes I have looked at this, however the issue I have is related to multi column, multi row result set returned from as stored procedure!
Recently I followed the help of tMSSqlSP to make a job. It took a while, but it worked in the end.
tJaveFlex => tMSSqlSP (You add a new column for result Set, such as ProResult ) => tParseRecordSet (Extract all columns from ProResult)
=> tmap .
You probably have to post all details and result of your job.
Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?
I was looking for some articles related to "calling a stored procedure" and I found this one.
My requirement is to design a job that would call an Oracle stored procedure (tOracleSP) to insert rows into multiple tables. Details are:
1. Business identifies some new items, so they create a csv file which has the basic information for new items. Let's say they create 3 new items on the file.
2. My Talend job is to read this csv file and then call a stored procedure "Create_New_Item" to insert new rows for many tables: UPC_ID_Xref, New_Product, UPC_ID_Desc, etc.
The link you gave TalendHelpCenter:Calling a stored procedure or function is not much helpful, because all of your examples only have one row going to the tOracleSP component. So my questions is:
1. If I read in new items info from csv file and call the SP, I have to read the new items one by one
and call the SP for each one: tFlowToIterate --iterate--> tFixedFlowInput -- iterate--> tOracleSP, correct?
2. If I use a database staging table to store the new items, and read new items from the staging table and call the SP, should I use "Main" or "Iterate"?
3. If there is error on the csv file for the 2nd item, how the tOracleSP will behave? Will the 1st new item be created into the tables? In this case, how should I do the error handling for my Talend job design?
Watch the recorded webinar!
Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
Test drive Talend's enterprise products.
Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.