tMSSqlsp

Five Stars

tMSSqlsp

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the component tMSSqlsp to call a stored procedure that returns a result set i.e. multiple rows!

However, the help for this component shows both an input and output schema, whereas I only get the input side.

I'm also not exactly sure what components are needed to either display the result set or save it to file, I have tried a number of options, but as the initial component tMSSqlsp is not working, then I'm not getting too far.

I am using version 6.4.1, I'd be very grateful for any assistance on this topic!

Best regards,

Andrew 

Re: tMSSqlsp

Hello,

Have you already checked this document about:TalendHelpCenter:Calling a stored procedure or function without input parameter and with input parameter.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Thanks for the reply, yes I have looked at this, however the issue I have is related to multi column, multi row result set returned from as stored procedure!

Best regards,

Andrew

Seven Stars

Hi

Recently I followed the help of tMSSqlSP to make a job. It took a while, but it worked in the end.

tJaveFlex => tMSSqlSP (You add a new column for result Set, such as ProResult ) => tParseRecordSet (Extract all columns from ProResult) 

=> tmap .

You probably have to post all details and result of your job.

Cheers,

Bin

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

xdshi,

I was looking for some articles related to "calling a stored procedure" and I found this one.

My requirement is to design a job that would call an Oracle stored procedure (tOracleSP) to insert rows into multiple tables. Details are:

1. Business identifies some new items, so they create a csv file which has the basic information for new items. Let's say they create 3 new items on the file.

2. My Talend job is to read this csv file and then call a stored procedure "Create_New_Item" to insert new rows for many tables: UPC_ID_Xref, New_Product, UPC_ID_Desc, etc.

The link you gave TalendHelpCenter:Calling a stored procedure or function is not much helpful, because all of your examples only have one row going to the tOracleSP component. So my questions is:

1. If I read in new items info from csv file and call the SP, I have to read the new items one by one 

and call the SP for each one: tFlowToIterate --iterate--> tFixedFlowInput -- iterate--> tOracleSP,      correct?

2. If I use a database staging table to store the new items, and read new items from the staging table and call the SP, should I use "Main" or "Iterate"?

3. If there is error on the csv file for the 2nd item, how the tOracleSP will behave? Will the 1st new item be created into the tables?  In this case, how should I do the error handling for my Talend job design?

Thanks,

TM

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download