One Star

tMSSQLRow with tsql-Statement using Linked Server

Hello,
maybe someone can help:
in "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" 5.3 i have problem with one tMSSQLRow-Object , which is connecting to mssql-database and using linked server within statement via function "openquery". e.g.:
"SELECT * FROM openquery(LINKED_SERVER,'select * FROM test.Table1')"
in talend-queryeditor i get correct result of this select-statement, so talend can run this statement.
But when i integrate this tMSSQLRow-Object in job-workflow, i always get only 1 row as result with values NULL.
additionally this linked server is a postgres-server in my case hehe Smiley Happy
does anyone has ideas why this not work ? do you have same problems using function "openquery" in tsql-statements in talend ?
thank you very much for help. if i find solution too , i will post later here in this topic.
best regards, Carsten79
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tMSSQLRow with tsql-Statement using Linked Server

ok problem solved.
i should use "tMSSQLInput" instead of "tMSSQLRow" when goal is to process resultset.
topic can be closed.
best regards,
Carsten

Hi,
In addition, we usually use tDBInput to execute a select query, you have to use a tParseRecordSet after tDBRow to parse the record set if you use tDBRow to execute a select query.
You can see the component reference about tMysqlRow with scenario2 and scenario3.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

thank you very much for this tipp Smiley Happy tParseRecordSet i will test and check out more.
best regards,
Carsten

Hi,
Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.