tMSSQLOutput using a datasource alias isn't working when deployed

One Star

tMSSQLOutput using a datasource alias isn't working when deployed

Hello,
I set up a pooled MS SQL Server datasource in the runtime following this tutorial : https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Using+datasources+and+connection+pooling+in+Talend+Runtime&...
When I list the datasource in Karaf using "service:list Datasource", there are two datasources :

----------------------
 osgi.service.blueprint.compname = dataSource
 org.talend.esb.datasource.name = ds-derby
 osgi.jndi.service.name = jdbc/sam
 service.id = 359
 service.bundleid = 379
 service.scope = bundle
Provided by :
 Talend ESB :: SAM :: Datasource :: Derby (379)
Used by:
 Talend ESB :: SAM :: Server (425)
 Talend ESB :: SAM :: REST Service (427)
 Talend ESB :: SAM :: SOAP Service (428)

----------------------
 osgi.service.blueprint.compname = dataSource
 org.talend.esb.datasource.name = ds-sqlserver
 osgi.jndi.service.name = jdbc/sam
 service.id = 454
 service.bundleid = 556
 service.scope = bundle
Provided by :
 Talend ESB :: SAM :: Datasource :: SQLServer (556)
As you can notice, the two datasources have the same value for the property "osgi.jndi.service.name".
I created a route calling a job through a cTalendJob component. The job transform the message and store data in a SQL Server database. In the tMSSQLOutput, I set the datasource alias to "ds-sqlserver".
When I try to publish and deploy the route in the runtime, the job isn't working.
I had a look to the job's blueprint.xml file and I found that :
<property name="dataSources">
    <map>
        <entry key="ds-sqlserver">
            <reference interface="javax.sql.DataSource" filter="(osgi.jndi.service.name=ds-sqlserver)" />
        </entry>
    </map>
</property>
This can't work as there are two services with the same JNDI service name (jdbc/sam) and none with "ds-sqlserver". If I change the filter to "(org.talend.esb.datasource.name=ds-sqlserver)", it works.
How can I configure this filter in Talend Studio? Or can I change the JNDI Service Name of the bundle "Talend ESB :: SAM :: Datasource :: SQLServer" through Karaf?
I don't want to change the blueprint.xml of my job every time I deploy the route.
Thank you.

Re: tMSSQLOutput using a datasource alias isn't working when deployed

Hi,
Could you please indicate what's the build version you are using? 6.2.1?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I'm using Talend ESB 6.2.1 Enterprise Edition.
Best regards,
Loïc
One Star

I found a workaround but it's clearly ugly. If I configure the datasource alias with the value "jdbc/sam)(org.talend.esb.datasource.name=ds-sqlserver", it works
In the blueprint\job.xml, the datasource appears like this :
<entry key="jdbc/sam)(org.talend.esb.datasource.name=ds-sqlserver">
                    <reference interface="javax.sql.DataSource" filter="(osgi.jndi.service.name=jdbc/sam)(org.talend.esb.datasource.name=ds-sqlserver)" />
</entry>
IMHO, it's a workaround and not a real solution. There is an existing JIRA asking for a property "osgi.jndi.service.name" configurable outside the bundle : https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-7671
Do you know if you can resolve this JIRA in a future release?
Thank you.

Hi,
I'm using Talend ESB 6.2.1 Enterprise Edition.

Have you already reported a ticket on talend support portal? Our colleagues from support team will check your issue to see if it is possible to give you a patch on it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.