tMSSQLInput - Missing mssql-jdbc.jar

One Star

tMSSQLInput - Missing mssql-jdbc.jar

Hi All, 
I have been banging my head against the wall in regards to finding, downloading and placing the external .jar files in the correct directories to get this component working. I can connect to my MSSQL server and the Output component is successfully extracting data from SFDC and creating tables in SQL. 
All I seem to come across is a list of Talend help modules - which do not point you to where you can download the correct one. 
Can someone please help me by providing a link and a few instructions as to how and where the .jar should exist.
Thank you.
Chris
Employee

Re: tMSSQLInput - Missing mssql-jdbc.jar

Hi, 
The mssql-jdbc dependency comes because you have selected the new JDBC Provider as Microsoft in your tMSSQL component / Wizard.
Some external 3rd party libraries can not be downloaded automatically and that's the case here: it's a proprietary driver.
You can download it from : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11774
I personally chose enu\sqljdbc_6.0.7728.100_enu.tar.gz
This will download a tar.gz archive, which contains 4 different drivers in the enu folder 
Rename sqljdbc42.jar to mssql-jdbc.jar
Then, to install it in Talend Studio, the simplest solution is : Window -> Show View -> Talend -> Modules -> Click the white bottle / jar and pick-up mssql-jdbc.jar on your hard drive.
Hope this helps
One Star

Hi, 
Thank you very much for replying so quickly and with such easy, comprehensive instructions. It has been resolved! 
Cheers,
Chris
One Star

Hope this helps

It did. 
One Star

Hope this helps

It did! I couldn't figure out why the install window never went away.
But I am still getting the ClassNotFoundException. 
I read someplace about CLASSPATH but it's in my environment variables now and still doesn't locate.
Thoughts?
Five Stars

Anyone know if the sqljdbc42.jar is able to connect with MS SQL Server 2016 and merge data into a table with ColumnStore index? Just wondering if anyone has tried that yet.
Five Stars

This worked immediately, however I had to do it again today once I restarted Talend.  Should this be permanent?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema