Six Stars

tMAP: Check for value in an array

Hello everybody,

My datasoruce is a questionnaire and we using a rest API to get the data (json). Now I have a problem with Checkbox questions. For example:

The data source contains a questions with 5 answers. Each answer has it's own checkbox. If someone choose 3 of them, I get an value array with 3 of 5:

"What are your plans for today?.": [
"Stay at home",
"Working ",
"Eat, sleep, repeat"
],

So in tMap the field of the input table is the question " What are your plans for today?" and the values are "Stay at home","Working ","Eat, sleep, repeat". But the Output table should have a field for each answer possiblity :

Field one: Stayathome

Field two: Working

now when I have the case that someone choosed checkbox "Stay at home", I want a "X" in my Output field Stayathome. I've tried to solve that issue with a if expression. But it doesn't work. So Talend has the check, if the array inlcudes "Stay at home" (i.e.). If true "X", else "  ".  Does anyone have a solution approach?

thanks,

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: tMAP: Check for value in an array

I think a conditional operator is ideal for your scenario.

You should be able to include something like this in your tmap expression assuming your column datatype is string,

row1.plans.toLowerCase().contains("stay at home")?"X":"" 

plans.PNG

2 REPLIES
Seven Stars

I think a conditional operator is ideal for your scenario.

You should be able to include something like this in your tmap expression assuming your column datatype is string,

row1.plans.toLowerCase().contains("stay at home")?"X":"" 

plans.PNG

Six Stars

Hello,

I've already got it. But you're right.

Cheers,

Christian