I have a CHAR(6) field in my schema. I am using a tdbRow to execute INSERT statements to populate a temp table. When I display my output via a tLogRow, I am only getting the first character on the field.
INSERT INTO ACCTS (ACCT_ID,EFF_DT) VALUES('256874','2018-10-01')
INSERT INTO ACCTS (ACCT_ID,EFF_DT) VALUES('987414','2018-09-01')
The tLogRow_1 outputs:
Any ideas on why this may be happening? I appreciate any help!
Dont know the database you are inserting data into but CHAR(6) should equals VARCHAR(6), change to this. CHAR(6) always (should) store 6bytes as VARCHAR(6) stores only the amount of bytes inserted ... switch !
CHAR(6) '12____' <> VARCHAR(6) '12' (3bytes)
In bytes varchar stores an extra byte...
If you only store number switch to INT or whatever number type is needed.
I am guessing the topic has been already discussed here - https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/tLogRow-Output-displaying-wrong-number-of-cha...
this issue has been solved by one of the members ,this is what they said-It seems as though the data type was the issue. I changed it to String in the schema and synced up the columns and I got all the value now instead of only the first character. Thanks for your continued help, it's nice to see an active forum that helps.