One Star

tLogCatcher - stacktrace

Hello All,
We are using Talend 5.3.1. Our customer requires for exceptions the whole stacktrace written to log files.
Unfortunately tLogCatcher gives you just the exception message but nothing more. Is there currently a way
to get the complete stacktrace?
Kind regards,
Hilderich
6 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: tLogCatcher - stacktrace

In this case I would not use the tLogCatcher instead I would use the direction of the standard out to a log file to get all stack traces.
One Star

Hello Jan,
What's the name of the component you are talking about? Can this approach the same as tLogCatcher can do?
Kind regards,
Hilderich
Seventeen Stars

This is not a component, it is the redirection of the output of the standalone exported job.
But of course there is also a possibility to get the logs in a readable way into log files:
You could use the components tJobInstanceStart + tJobInstanceEnd from Talend Exchange. These suite allows using Log4J and catches automatically all outputs from System.out/err and what is send over the Talend logging components.
The logging can be configured via the typically log4j configuration or within the component to a log file or log table.
But these components are more dedicated to replace the AMC database.
Also in the TAC in the log file you see the stack traces.
One Star

Hello Jan,
above you told me ...I would use the direction of the standard out to a log file to get all stack traces.
How can I do that when the job is deployed by TAC on a Job Server? How can i log standard out to a logfile?
Is this general linux (OS) stuff?
Kind regards,
Hilderich
One Star

I guess you mean something like this:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15651
Seventeen Stars

In the Job view in the section Extras&Logs you can set a log file or a database log table. I would use this feature at first.