One Star

tLoadLibrary

How can i get tLoadLibrary (using 3.1.0 RC2 at the moment) to load multiple library files at once? It's only got one import slot in the basic settings, and it's far from obvious how the advanced settings are supposed to work. Picture tutorial would be appreciated... Talend seems to be a powerful tool, but not exactly user friendly...

BTW there is no documentation for this component in the Talend documentation I downloaded, which is why I'm asking here
8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tLoadLibrary

Hello
tLibraryLoad is used to load the external jar file. It can only load one jar file at a time, so you need to use several tLibraryLoad components if you want to load more jar file.
After you load the jar file, you can import the Class and use it.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

...Not exactly the most practical thing I can think of, considering some of our software requires the use of 20+ jars. Is there another way? If not, any way a feature request could be put in to support loading of multiple libraries?
Community Manager

Hello
...Not exactly the most practical thing I can think of, considering some of our software requires the use of 20+ jars. Is there another way? If not, any way a feature request could be put in to support loading of multiple libraries?

Yes, you can report a feature on our bugtracker.
Thanks for your support!

Best regards

shong
One Star

Done, bug 7051
Thanks,
Brian
One Star

Hi,
The bug has been commented on and says this can be done with the dynamic libs setting. I have tried to add the following in the dynamic libs and it does not work
context.systemdir+"/registry/valescom.Registry.jar"
does Talend do dynamic class loading or do I also have to include the jar in the classpath?
Florian
Community Manager

Hello Florian
Please read 5491. If it doesn't match your problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker with your detailed info.
Thanks for your support!
Best regards
shong
One Star

Please read 5491. If it doesn't match your problem, please report a bug on our bugtracker with your detailed info.

Thank you for the quick response
I have gotten the tLibraryLoad to work by adding the path to my jar in my command-line classpath. That is good enough for now.
That bug is not very helpful because I have done what it says. I have loaded via context the path to my jar and then use the variable in the tLibraryload -> Dynamic Libs section. I think there is a serious need for adding documentation on how to use the tLibraryLoad component.
should I still post a bug? The thing is that I am not sure I am using this component's features correctly.
thanks,
Florian
Community Manager

Hello
I have gotten the tLibraryLoad to work by adding the path to my jar in my command-line classpath.

Can you show the steps you got the component works in this way?
Best regards
shong