tLDAPConnection, space within base DN and tLDAPAttributesInput

One Star

tLDAPConnection, space within base DN and tLDAPAttributesInput

Hello,
My first test with talend open studio for DI with access to our AD Directory fails.
I've a simple test job with only tLDAPConnection, tLDAPAttributesInput, tSortRow and tLogRow and it dies with this exception :
Exception in component tLDAPAttributesInput_1
javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-031007DB, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0
My Base DN contains a space : ou=Personnel CHL, ou=myusers,dc=mydomain,dc=com
I've spied queries with wireshark, the base DN sent to the server is only : ou=Personnel
I've made a test with only ou=myusers,dc=mydomain,dc=com and it worked (but I retrieved too much entries).
Is there a way to make it working ?
Rgds.
Community Manager

Re: tLDAPConnection, space within base DN and tLDAPAttributesInput

Hi
Try to add a single quote around the value that contains space
"ou='Personnel CHL', ou=myusers,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

If it does not work, please report a issue in our bugtracker, our developer will investigate it further.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello,
Thanks for your answer, I've tested but unfortunately, now it looks for ou='Personnel only...
Jira issue filled : https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27138
Philippe.
Community Manager

Hi Philippe
Thanks for reporting the issue in our bugtracker, let's monitor the issue and see the feedback from our developers.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Team,
Kindly let me know if there is any component by which we could query a LDAP source. I would be needing a functionality synonymous to 'Use PreparedStatement' in 'tMysqlRow' component.
I have a set of user names in a file and i want to lookup to an LDAP source to get few other attributes pertaining to a particular user. I was able to establish a connection to LDAP and i tried joining the file and LDAP by username by using tMap component. But, due to some LDAP configuration i am able to get only a subset of data from LDAP and not details of all usernames in LDAP.
Hence i wish to query the LDAP source directly pertaining to a username , similar to querying a database using the 'Use PreparedStatement' in 'tMysqlRow' component.

Please let me know on any update needed.
Thank You
Regards
Sudharshan
One Star

Hi Team,
Sorry about the last post irrelevant to the current thread. I tried creating a new thread for my query, but i posted as a response to the current query. Anyways, i tried deleting my post in this thread, but i am not able to do that.
Kindly pardon me .
Thank YOu