tJava and tMap

One Star

tJava and tMap

Hi,
I am new to TalendStudio 5.6. I need to make my java program extensible by using tMap. Is it possible to use one tJava to feed into tMap with two sets of structs and have tMap tool to perform mapping and output fed into another tJava?
Another side question, is it possible to create dependent Job in TalendStudio 5.6 sharing some data, context etc?
Thanks,
Anil

Re: tJava and tMap

Hi,
I am new to TalendStudio 5.6. I need to make my java program extensible by using tMap. Is it possible to use one tJava to feed into tMap with two sets of structs and have tMap tool to perform mapping and output fed into another tJava?

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output values?

Another side question, is it possible to create dependent Job in TalendStudio 5.6 sharing some data, context etc?

Are you looking for Talend joblet? Or you're looking into TalendHelpCenter:tRunJob component which helps mastering complex Job systems which need to execute one Job after another.
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=What+is+a+Joblet&content-lang=en
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am not sure which components i can use but requirement is that one java program manages one java POJO and another program manages an another java POJO. Example: ERPOrder pojo needs to be mapped to LocalOrder pojo. In this case, ERPOrder pojo contains fields which needs to be transformed to new POJO fields LocalOrder based on various business rules. Currently, everything mapping rules is hard-coded into one program.
In studio 5.6.1 i do not see *Joblet* option.

Hi,
I am not sure which components i can use but requirement is that one java program manages one java POJO and another program manages an another java POJO. Example: ERPOrder pojo needs to be mapped to LocalOrder pojo. In this case, ERPOrder pojo contains fields which needs to be transformed to new POJO fields LocalOrder based on various business rules.

Could you please take a look at component TalendHelpCenter:tJavaFlex which lets you add Java code to the Start/Main/End code sections of this component itself.
*Joblet* option is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Version not open source.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.