tJasperServerExec output to Excel doesn't work

Six Stars

tJasperServerExec output to Excel doesn't work

Hi I'm trying to run a job which uses the tJasperServerExec component and which I would like to export the report to Excel, but this doesn't seem to work. PDF and rtf for example are no problem, but when using xls I get this error: 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: jxl.WorkbookSettings.setUseTemporaryFileDuringWrite(Z)V
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JExcelApiExporter.openWorkbook(JExcelApiExporter.java:283)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReportToStream(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:596)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReport(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:377)
at post.requestjob_0_1.RequestJob.tOracleInput_1Process(RequestJob.java:1613)
at post.requestjob_0_1.RequestJob.runJobInTOS(RequestJob.java:7407)
at post.requestjob_0_1.RequestJob.main(RequestJob.java:7108)
My studio is 5.6.2, calling a JRS 6.1.1 Commercial. 
Any ideas anyone? 
Thanks a lot

Seventeen Stars

Re: tJasperServerExec output to Excel doesn't work

Use tJasperReportExec (use your JasperStudio design directly without a JasperServer)
https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:gallery=marketplace%252F1&pi=marketplace%252...
or tJasperServerReportStarter (start a report deployed on the server)
https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:gallery=marketplace%252F1&pi=marketplace%252...
instead. The component tJasperServerExec is completely outdated and not maintained anymore and actually not very clever.
Six Stars

Hi jlolling, 

thanks for the reply. 
In the meanwhile I've found this plugin:  which seems to be the updated version, but here I receive another error:

I know there are also options to point to the jrxml, but our goal is to do some load testing on the server, so I need to be able to use the server for the rendering.

regards,
Christoph
Seventeen Stars

You do not do any load testings on the server with tJasperServerExec!
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This component downloads the jrxml file and start the report locally.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you want real load tests use the component [/font]tJasperServerReportStarter which starts the report really on the server!
With the components tJasperServerFile* components you can download the results or cleanup the server repository.
Search in Talend Exchange for tJasperServerFile and you will find a couple of useful components handling content resources on the jasper server.

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog