tJasperReportExec and charts

One Star

tJasperReportExec and charts

Hi all,
I have created a report with Jaspersoft Studio which has to be delivered as Powerpoint. I found the charts of the report to be too pixelated, so I increased the dpi to 300 in Studio, which gave me a much better result.
However, tJasperReportExec doesn' t seem to recognize this property and charts are pixelated again. I tried to write the propery into the .jxml file and I tried several rendering types, to no avail.
Can someone point me to what I'm missing here?
Jaspersoft Studio is 6.1.1, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration is 6.0.1 and tJasperReportExec is 2.1.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: tJasperReportExec and charts

Hi,
I have created a report with Jaspersoft Studio which has to be delivered as Powerpoint. I found the charts of the report to be too pixelated, so I increased the dpi to 300 in Studio, which gave me a much better result.
However, tJasperReportExec doesn' t seem to recognize this property and charts are pixelated again. I tried to write the propery into the .jxml file and I tried several rendering types, to no avail.

Could you upload a screenshot of your pixelated chart, please? What's your OS?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I'm on an ordinary Windows 8.1 Office Computer.

The first one is generated as Powerpoint by tJasperReportExec, the second one is the same file safed as Powerpoint by Jaspersoft Studio.
I thought I might miss some library, so this is what I load by tLibraryLoad:
spring-core-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar
spring-beans-3.2.4.RELEASE.jar
jasperreports-6.1.0.jar
jasperreports-functions-6.1.0.jar
joda-time_2.1.0.jar
jasperreports-fonts-6.1.0.jar
and the customizer for the chart.
Thanks a lot Smiley Wink

Hi,
tJasperReportExec is a custom component written by talend community user and shared on Talend Exchange.
We have notified this issue to the author Jan Lolling, hope he will come to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thank you very much, he was a great help the last time I had a question about tJasperReportExec Smiley Wink
Seventeen Stars

Indeed, the list of libraries was not correct and there was also some missing library.
I have fixed that and currently testing it.
Thanks for your hints!
Seventeen Stars

I have published a new release 2.2 of this component in Talend Exchange. It will take a bit until Talend approves this, frequently check the lastest section and it would be great to know if this version works for you without the need of adding separate libraries.
One Star

Super, I'll test the new version and tell you about my results!
One Star

I tested the new version today. Good news is I do not need to load any additional library. But the result in Powerpoint is still pixelated, whereas in Jaspersoft Studio it looks quite nice:
   This is with tJasperReportexec.
   This is Jaspersoft Studio.
I took a chart used in a report for testing, but without the customizer, so I can be sure, there aren't any strange preferences influencing the result. The text you can find below the legend are text fields - and they are rendered nicely in both cases. It's just the chart which refuses to please me.
PDF, by the way, is quite nice:
But here I get the warning:
: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.PdfGlyphRenderer - Unpatched iText found, cannot use glyph rendering
Seventeen Stars

OK, I have to admit, I have never tried to create power point this way. I will take a look at the Exporter classes for PowerPoint and check what the Studio it self does in any other way than my component. I have seen also this message but the iText lib was added as maven dependency. I will check if the patched version of iText can be extracted from the studio and also included in my maven based build.
When you have used the previous release of the component with your additional loading of libs, did you experienced the same font issues?
One Star

Good question. I can hardly remember there was something with the appearance of the fonts, rather text fields than charts. That was gone by including jasperreports-fonts-6.1.0.jar, which is indeed the last library I loaded in my old job. I hadn't load itext at all. The PDFs generated this way with your component look really well.
The next report then was for Powerpoint, and even in Jaspersoft it was pixelated. So I searched the internet and found about increasing the dpi to 300. This was the solution for Jaspersoft, but with your component it looks the same as if dpi were still set to 75.
Now the guys of my first report also want a Powerpoint presentation only with the charts. I use your component to generate reports in a row, that can easily be hundreds of reports. So I'm happy to help you wherever I can!