Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

tJasperReportExec Modules

Hello Talend Community !

I found a good component (i guess) on talend exchange, named : tJasperReportExec created by jlolling .
But i can't use it, because i need to install some external jar. So ... i click on "Installer", and one by one i click on every .jar to add external that I found in folder of the downloaded component.

At the end, the window of module list close automatically and ... nothing append...

But libraries appears on my talend workspace !  At "C:\Talend\TOS_DI-Win32-20151029_1337-V6.1.0\workspace\.Java\lib" , they're all jar needed for the compenent.

It's seem like, the component didn't find modules emplacement...

What am i doing wrong ? Can you help me please ?

(Version Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.1.0, i tried with the 64 and 32 bits version and in admin mode too ... )

Thanks.

• Data Integration
  • Exchange components
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nine Stars

Re: tJasperReportExec Modules

Thank You Jan!

my reports - work now and with this components

regards, Vlad

-----------
15 REPLIES

Hello.

Can the custom component tJasperReportExec be available from your palette? We have sent an email to this custom component's author and then come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

First of all, please tell us the steps you have done to install the component.

There are 2 different ways to install a component. 

1. via Talend Exchange - should work, I have not done this for ages

2. via a separate folder and the Preferences - described in the mentioned article from Shong.

If you have still problems you can contact me directly: jan.lolling@gmail.com

Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

Hi ! Thanks for your reply !

Yes the component is available on my palette, and i add my component with a separate folder. I already use a lot of external component like (tExecutors, tFileExcelSheetInput, tFlieExcelWorbookOpen ... )

Seventeen Stars

Hard to say, what went wrong here. The studio behaves sometimes like a ugly diva.

If you like we can have a skype session to solve this issue.

Send me an email at jan.lolling@gmail.com if you would do that.

Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

No it's ok, it's not really important. It was just out of curiosity.

Thanks for reply !

Seventeen Stars

Does this mean the component now works and you do not miss any library anymore?

Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

No the component doesn't work for me ^^

Seventeen Stars

Why the component does not work for you? Do you still facing the library problem?

Six Stars sgv
Six Stars

Yes, i got the same problem. I can't install libraries ! Component says "Modules Required", so I click on "Install", assistant for install external jar open, I add external jar and when assistant's window close, nothing change.

I try to add libraries in preferences/Java/User Libraries . But nothing change.

Nine Stars

Jan!

I have other question, it not production problem, just decide test component relating to this thread
I have report, which work and in Studio, and from Server, and this report also call by Talend (by tJasperServerExec) - and all fine

but when I call same report by tJasperReportExec it return error:

1. The method TODAY() is undefined for the type TS_Full_Month_1503266734703_414756
                value = DATEFORMAT(TODAY(),"yyyy-MM"); //$JR_EXPR_ID=0$

TODAY() is build in function in Studio

Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 10.20.56 AM.png

I try it and as standalone component, as well as I try to load tJasperReportLibrary - same result

why it could be possible? do we have some functions restrictions?

regards, Vlad

-----------
Seventeen Stars

No, we do not have any restriction. I use this function TODAY() also in my reports.

So it cannot be a general problem. I can only guess it has something to do with a version conflict of the used studio version and the version of the jasper library used in the component.

The function TODAY() is very simple and returns simply the current date as Java object.

Since ages this function has not changed in the library.

Seventeen Stars

I have just updated the component.

I had problems in the past to get a more recent library for the functions. Now I have found the repository in which Jaspersoft puts the functions-lib and use this now.

I will test the new release and post here when I have published it. Hope it helps.

Nine Stars

Thanks a lot!

-----------
Seventeen Stars

I have created a new release of the component - v 2.5

https://github.com/jlolling/talendcomp_tJasperReportExec/releases

You cannot install this release over the Exchange view in the studio, instead use the more reliable way to unpack the zip file in the custom component folder and use the Preferences dialog to load the new component.

This release contains the most recent libraries.

Nine Stars

Thank You Jan!

my reports - work now and with this components

regards, Vlad

-----------