One Star

tIntervalmatch rejected records

Hi,
Does tIntervalmatch do anything with values that fall outside the ranges? I have a table with low and high values with an associated id. For example, I have 3 rows with values as follows;
ID Low High
--------------------
1 0 10
2 11 20
3 21 30
If my value is 31, can tIntervalMatch catch this as a rejected row? If so, how would I assign the value of the LOOKUP column to the relevant column in my rejected table? I searched the forum for tIntervalMatch but couldn't find any examples of values that fall outside the ranges.
I'm using TIS 4.1.1.
Thanks in advance.
Jason
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tIntervalmatch rejected records

Hi
It do a left out join, the lookup column will be null or 0 if it does not match, there is no reject flow on this component.
If you want to get all the unmatched rows, add a tfilterRow or tMap component after tIntervalMatch, and filter the unmatched rows like:
....tIntervalMatch-row3--tMap--->tLogRow
on the output table of tMap, add a filter expression:
row3.LOOKUP==null||row3.LOOKUP==0
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the info. I am seeing some strange results from tIntervalmatch however.
If I'm looking to match a value of 600 (for example) and there is no match, tIntervalMatch seems to be reducing this value by moving the decimal point until it finds a match. In my lookup table I have the following values;
Id Low High
1 0 19
2 20 39
3 40 59
4 60 79
5 80 100
tIntervalMatch returns an id of 4 if the lookup value is 600. I would expect it to fail, not start moving the decimal place until it finds a match. I'm sure I'm missing something here; my fields are defined as BigDecimals.
Why might this be happening?
Thanks.
Jason
Community Manager

Hi Jason
Id is lookuup column in your case? Can you upload some screenshots of your job?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Here's what I've got. My data looks like this;
1 -1E22 -1
2 0 19
3 20 39
4 40 59