tInfiniteLoop terminating after 1572683 iterations

One Star

tInfiniteLoop terminating after 1572683 iterations

Hi All,
I am using the component tInfiniteLoop to iterate infinitely. But after 1572683 iterations the component is terminating.
I need the iterator to go on until I kill the job.
Why is it not counting beyond the number in question?
Appreciate any suggestions on this.
Thanks,
Jagadish.

Re: tInfiniteLoop terminating after 1572683 iterations

Hi,
There is less info to diagnose your problem. The job design flow looks like? Is there any error message(exception)? The job is just hanging? How did you config tInfiniteLoop component(Wait at each iteration)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
We are also experiencing some issues with tInfiniteLoop it appears to hang after running for several days (Not sure of the iteration Number) not progressing the script, with the Java process still present in the background (Zombieing).
Note the are no Java exceptions or other clues as to what has happened here.
I'll update with the iteration number we get to and if we manage to solve the issue, or work around it.
Cheers Andy
One Star

Hi,I have also my program uising a tInfiniteLoop wich scanning a file, with the same ending mode. Java process still present, but nothing, no logs, no exception... My talend version  is 6.5.1, so did you find a solution?

Thanks, Jeff.

Sixteen Stars

Talend Jobs are not supposed to run for days on end. This is bad design. These jobs are more than likely failing due to memory issues. If you need a near to realtime solution (the only reason I can think of for having jobs looping over something for days), you need to be using the ESB product. An Apache Camel Route is far better suited to this requirement.

I have absolutely no idea why the tInfiniteLoop component is in the palette.