Five Stars

tHttpRequest

Hi I'm trying to use the tHttpRequest component to fetch a file from a cloud based sharepoint using TOS 6.3.0.

I've tried various combinations of the URL but am failing to retrieve the file, be grateful for any assistance,

currently the URL looks like this:

"https://xxx.sharepoint.com/Freigegebene%20Dokumente/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2FFreigegebene%20Dokumen..."

I am supplying correct credentials and the method is set to GET.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: tHttpRequest

What sort of response are you getting?
Five Stars

Hi thanks for replying, currently the above URL is giving '403 Forbidden'.

I have tried multiple combinations and think the URL is the problem, as I'm new to this, I'm not sure how to specify correctly.

Grateful for advice.

Ten Stars

That's an authentication issue. How is your component configured to use credentials?
Five Stars

Hi again, the component is configured to accept a username and password which I have supplied and ticked the 'Authentication Required' box.

Five Stars

Hi be very grateful for assistance with this issue, I'm stuck :-(
Ten Stars

I've only done limited http file retrieval with systems that weren't intended to service web requests, so please don't take my advice as "best practice".  What's worked for me is to use a tool like Fiddler to watch web traffic while I log in to a site and retrieve what I need, then examine the POST or GET request sent and try to mimic that with a tFileFetch component.  This usually means setting my own POST parameters like so:

Talend tFileFetch.png

I have no idea if this will work with a sharepoint server.  Another idea, the tFileFetch component has an Advanced Setting "Enable NTLM Credentials" that may help get you connected.

Another other idea, there is a Talend Exchange component named tSharepointFile available for download.  I don't know if it works with later versions of Talend, but it may be worth a try if nothing else works.

Five Stars

Thanks very much for the info, I will try all options, However I cannot see the component in 'Exchange' could this be due to the version of TOS I am using 6.3?