Six Stars

tHmap examples

Where can I find working examples or tutorials on tHMap component ? I have Talend 5.5.1.
9 REPLIES

Re: tHmap examples

Hi,
Have you already checked component reference about:TalendHelpCenter:tHMap with scenarios?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes I did see the scenarios but it seems that for none of the scenarios the exercises files are provided.
Four Stars

Agree , there are very few example available for Talend Data Mapper. 
Sabrina, It will be great if you can provide document on Talend Data Mapper.
Thanks,
Saurabh.
Six Stars

The files needed to complete the scenarios are not provided.

Hi guys,
Thanks for your suggestion. We will report it to our Documentation Team.
Do you get some problem on your use case by using tHmap? Feel free to post your issue here, we will check it or re-direct it to TDM experts for professinal assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I don't have problems as I don't use it. Because there are no good tutorials on how to use it.
Employee

In the latest version of the tHMap documentation, there are now four scenarios rather than just two as in the 5.5.1 documentation: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tHMap&content-lang=en
If you want to find the source files used by these examples, they are available in the product itself, in the Mapping perspective, under Hierarchical Mapper > Other Projects > Examples > Sample Data. I will add a note to the documentation to specify this in future releases.
Finally, if you are looking for more general examples of how to work with Data Mapper itself, rather than specifically with the tHMap component (although the two are closely related and the scenarios here do involve actions in TDM), this is something that is planned for a future release.
Six Stars

thanx, I will try to go through the examples this weekend and will report if they can be completed. Can it be completed with 5.5.1 Talend?
Six Stars

Scenario 4 in documentation 6.2.1 cannot be completed with Talend 5.5.1 becase the tHMap doesn't have any drop down menus in advance tab.