One Star

tHiveLoad giving Error Failed execution return code 1 from MoveTask

I have Talend connecting to Hive and creating a table for me. I am trying to use tHiveLoad to load a Textfile output from a relational DB to my Hive Table. tHiveLoad gives me:
Java.sql.SQLexecution: Error while processing statement: Failed: Execution Error: return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MoveTask
The Hiveserver2 is running as user hive. For security reasons I am not allowed to log in as the hive User. My cluster log id has been granted privileges to create DB and tables. 
The Hive log shows:
Unable to move source hdfs://blah/blah.txt to destination hdfs://foo/foo.txt
The directory for the destination is: 775 and owned by hive:hive. Again, I am not allowed to connect with the hive account.
Is there a way to make tHiveLoad work ?
Thanks.
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: tHiveLoad giving Error Failed execution return code 1 from MoveTask

Was able to change the file permissions for source to 777 and get the destination directory to be 777 as well. Still getting this error. What I get in the log is:
Exception in component tHiveLoad_1
org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/tmp/AccountExternalTmp.txt'': Move from: hdfs://actualHostName/tmp/AccountExternalTmp.txt to: hdfs://nameservice1/user/hive/warehouse/salesforce_grabenstein.db/account_external is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
The nameservice1 is not part of my job. I have put in the actual host name for that in all places I could find. 
Thanks.