One Star

tHTTPRequest over SSL

I am testing the following job to communicate with Transunion, our credit reporting vendor. They don't support web services. They require HTTPS POST. I have their digital certificate (PKCS12) downloaded, but didn't install it yet. When I run the job as-is, I get this error:
Exception in component tHttpRequest_1
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Where and how do I install their certificate so when I run the job from TOS, it would get past this error? I am running under Windows.

• Data Integration
10 REPLIES

Re: tHTTPRequest over SSL

Hi,
Please see the stackoverflow article http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6908948/java-sun-security-provider-certpath-suncertpathbuilderexc... will be useful for your certificate issue.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for the link Sabrina! I was able to successfully import the certificate. But I am still getting the same error message (see screenshot). So now, how do I tell Talend how to access the certificate? Which Talend config file do I specify the keystore location, password...etc?

Hi,
Do the component tFileFetch that support for https can meet your needs?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I tried tFileFetch. See attached screen. I am getting this error:
java.lang.Exception: Method failed: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
at enterpriseservices.testtransunion_0_1.TestTransUnion.tFileFetch_1Process(TestTransUnion.java:594)
at enterpriseservices.testtransunion_0_1.TestTransUnion.runJobInTOS(TestTransUnion.java:954)
at enterpriseservices.testtransunion_0_1.TestTransUnion.main(TestTransUnion.java:820)
I deleted the certificate from the keystore and I still got the same error. I re-imported the certificate to the keystore and still got the same error. So, it looks like tFileFetch is not even trying to use the certificate.
At least with the tHttpRequest component, it complained about not being able to find the certificate.
I don't think tFileFetch is the correct component to use against TransUnion credit reporting bureau. I am not actually downloading a file from them. It's just a simple HTTPS POST over SSL and their response comes back in HTTPS stream.
Regardless, don't I have to specify the keystore location, keystore password and certificate password? Where would I specify those for Talend to find and use the certificate?

Hi,
Regardless, don't I have to specify the keystore location, keystore password and certificate password? Where would I specify those for Talend to find and use the certificate?

Hi,
I think you can add corresponding parameter in head section in thttprequest. But I don't do it before.
You can open a jira bug of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker, our component developers will check if there is a good solution.
Note: Please set the issue type as "Work Item"

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Done...https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-27487
Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Employee

Hi,
Our tSetKeystore component introduced in 4.1 should answer to this requirement.
Kind Regards,
One Star

Thank you! That worked.
One Star

Hello,
cchang I am still having errors with the tHttpRest using the tSetKeyStore and I would like to know all the configuration you have done to finally succeed with the rest request.
I am having the error: No trusted certificated found.
Thank you,