One Star

tHBaseConnection and tHBaseInput configuration for MapR

For the tHBaseConnection componenet, I put the Zookeeper quorum and the Zookeeper client port for the MapR cluster.
For the tHBaseInput component, I put the Table name and mapping. The Table name is "/app/SubscriptionBillingPlatform/Matthew".
But when I build the job and run it from an edge node on the cluster, I receive the following error:

Exception in component tHBaseInput_1
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find region for /app/SubscriptionBillingPlatform/Matthew,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:991)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:896)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:998)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:900)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:857)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:257)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:187)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:142)
        at poc2.testhbaseoperations_0_1.TestHBaseOperations.tHBaseInput_1Process(TestHBaseOperations.java:752)
        at poc2.testhbaseoperations_0_1.TestHBaseOperations.tHBaseConnection_1Process(TestHBaseOperations.java:375)
        at poc2.testhbaseoperations_0_1.TestHBaseOperations.runJobInTOS(TestHBaseOperations.java:1104)
        at poc2.testhbaseoperations_0_1.TestHBaseOperations.main(TestHBaseOperations.java:993)
$
A System admin I was talking to told me that MapR doesn't utilize the region servers like Cloudera/etc. does.
Am I configuring everything correctly?
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: tHBaseConnection and tHBaseInput configuration for MapR

Hi
Inorder to make connection with HBase,Zookeeper client and server must be up and running.It seems your Zookeeper is not running.Go to zookeeper bin folder and start zookeeper and then retry to run it.
Hope it will work
With Regards
Sanjay Tiwari