tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Employee

tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Hi there,
I added a new component to Talend Exchange with which you can read in data from Google Docs spreadsheets.
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/tos/extension_view.php?eid=122
I don't know, if there is really someone using Google Docs in a production environment, but if so, you can now grap the data stored in there ;-)
Feedback and suggestions are welcome
Thomas
One Star

Re: tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Hi, i use tGSpreadsheetInput component to read a google spreadsheet. But i can't define correctly the schema because the sreadsheet columns have space and.I don't have the possibility to change columns names.
Do i have the possibility to use The spreadsheet natural columns for exemple (A,B,C...).
Can i have your help please?
Thank you in advance
Seventeen Stars

The component design does not allow that currently. It is indeed possible to change that by adding a mapping table into the component design to map the Java based schema column names to names without any restrictions.
Also this component is a bit out dated because of the underlaying library and the usage of OAuth1 protocol.
It would be interesting if there is a considerable demand. If one has interest to it, I could start bulding such kind of component based on the latest Google APIs. I have some experiences in it because I made some of the known Google Analytics components.
Please email me at jan.lolling@gmail.com

The component design does not allow that currently. It is indeed possible to change that by adding a mapping table into the component design to map the Java based schema column names to names without any restrictions.
Also this component is a bit out dated because of the underlaying library and the usage of OAuth1 protocol.
It would be interesting if there is a considerable demand. If one has interest to it, I could start bulding such kind of component based on the latest Google APIs. I have some experiences in it because I made some of the known Google Analytics components.
Please email me at jan.lolling@gmail.com

Dear Jan,
Do you know if the current connector on TalendForge from 2009 still supports the current Google Sheets? If not, I am interested in an component to read from Google Sheets using the Google APIs. 
Maybe as a start we could try to make it work using the JavaFlex, and then later convert it to a component. I would be happy to help if wanted. 
Looking forward to hear from you!
Best regards,
Jochem van Grondelle
Seventeen Stars

Why not, but look I have already developed a couple - 38 + 3 because one publishing contains actually 4) - of components and you can belief me, every one of them expects maintenance and support. I am not very keen to build much more. What about if we do it together - or better speaking I help you and you publish the new component and keep it up-to-date. Of course this will work only if you have time and Java language skills.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download