tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Employee

tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Hi there,
I added a new component to Talend Exchange with which you can read in data from Google Docs spreadsheets.
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/tos/extension_view.php?eid=122
I don't know, if there is really someone using Google Docs in a production environment, but if so, you can now grap the data stored in there ;-)
Feedback and suggestions are welcome
Thomas
One Star

Re: tGSpreadsheetInput - reading data from Google Docs Spreadsheets

Hi, i use tGSpreadsheetInput component to read a google spreadsheet. But i can't define correctly the schema because the sreadsheet columns have space and.I don't have the possibility to change columns names.
Do i have the possibility to use The spreadsheet natural columns for exemple (A,B,C...).
Can i have your help please?
Thank you in advance
Seventeen Stars

The component design does not allow that currently. It is indeed possible to change that by adding a mapping table into the component design to map the Java based schema column names to names without any restrictions.
Also this component is a bit out dated because of the underlaying library and the usage of OAuth1 protocol.
It would be interesting if there is a considerable demand. If one has interest to it, I could start bulding such kind of component based on the latest Google APIs. I have some experiences in it because I made some of the known Google Analytics components.
Please email me at jan.lolling@gmail.com

The component design does not allow that currently. It is indeed possible to change that by adding a mapping table into the component design to map the Java based schema column names to names without any restrictions.
Also this component is a bit out dated because of the underlaying library and the usage of OAuth1 protocol.
It would be interesting if there is a considerable demand. If one has interest to it, I could start bulding such kind of component based on the latest Google APIs. I have some experiences in it because I made some of the known Google Analytics components.
Please email me at jan.lolling@gmail.com

Dear Jan,
Do you know if the current connector on TalendForge from 2009 still supports the current Google Sheets? If not, I am interested in an component to read from Google Sheets using the Google APIs. 
Maybe as a start we could try to make it work using the JavaFlex, and then later convert it to a component. I would be happy to help if wanted. 
Looking forward to hear from you!
Best regards,
Jochem van Grondelle
Seventeen Stars

Why not, but look I have already developed a couple - 38 + 3 because one publishing contains actually 4) - of components and you can belief me, every one of them expects maintenance and support. I am not very keen to build much more. What about if we do it together - or better speaking I help you and you publish the new component and keep it up-to-date. Of course this will work only if you have time and Java language skills.