Six Stars

tFlowToIterate usage with joblets

Hi,

I have a data integration job where I query rows from a system. for each row,  I want to do multiple steps  (validations and writing data to a different system..etc. )

I want to keep each step in a joblet for easy readability. 

As shown in the picture, I have two iterate links going from tFlowToIterate and each iterate row represents a step.

1. How can I move these steps into Joblets? I tried but tFlowIterate can't make a link to joblet. 

2. I want to move all the components after Iterate1 to a subjob/joblet , so that upon its successful completion I want to do the next steps. I want the data from SFDC-Stage input to be available in all the joblets for me to do some processing.  please suggest.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 6.19.46 PM.png

Thanks,

Sowjanya.

• Data Integration
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: tFlowToIterate usage with joblets

Hello
No iterate trigger for joblet, however, you can change the job a little as below:
SFDC-Stages--row2--tflowtoterate--iterate--tjava--oncomponentok--tjoblet1

// use a tjava without any java code to link out an oncomponentOK connector.
in joblet1
TRIGGERINPUT--oncomponentok--tRowGenerator--tmap1--tSFDC-Stage.

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

I re-opened the Talend Studio and now I am able to link the joblet to other components. 

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hello
No iterate trigger for joblet, however, you can change the job a little as below:
SFDC-Stages--row2--tflowtoterate--iterate--tjava--oncomponentok--tjoblet1

// use a tjava without any java code to link out an oncomponentOK connector.
in joblet1
TRIGGERINPUT--oncomponentok--tRowGenerator--tmap1--tSFDC-Stage.

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars

Thanks Shong. I added tjava component and was able to move the rest to a joblet. Now, I want to add the next steps on "On component ok" for the joblet. But I am not able to add any of the required components ( joblet/tRowGenerator/tjava) on OnComponentOK for the joblet1.

I have something like below setup in joblet1
TRIGGERINPUT--oncomponentok--tRowGenerator--tmap1--tSFDC-Stage--TRIGGEROUTPUT(OnCompoentOk)

1. How can I add the next steps in the process? 

2. In each step, I want to check if a value in row2.valuex == 'foo', and then do some action. which component can I use to do such a check in Iterate? I am not able to do "run if" using the tJava component, same problem, it doesn't let me connect to any of the required components if I choose "Run if".

Thanks,

Sowjanya.

Six Stars

I re-opened the Talend Studio and now I am able to link the joblet to other components.