tFilelist Problem - process stops on error

Six Stars

tFilelist Problem - process stops on error

I have a problem using fFileList. I am using it to read files one by one with it and process each file. A read file sometimes contains invalid data and causes job to break. How would I prevent that in case of invalid data in one file. I would still like other files to get processed?

Do I need to make changes with/in the tFileList.

Seven Stars

Re: tFilelist Problem - process stops on error

What do you mean by invalid data? Is it a schema mismatch? If that is the case you can use a tSchemaComplianceCheck to ensure incoming data matches a required schema, length, nullability, etc.

Six Stars

what if you have for example multiple subjobs that read and write to DB. And you also read from an XML file?

Twelve Stars

i will suggest you to use On Component Error of tFileinputDelimited to tSendmail.so that you will understand that which file is not correct one and even your next file will executed.

Manohar B
Six Stars

What about if error occurs when writting to DB?

Twelve Stars

if you want to send a mail ,then you can use do the same why on db outpout component.

Manohar B
Six Stars

but if Database component throws an error then tFileList will stop iterating on files. How can I handle that?

Twelve Stars

since your db component throwing error means ,you should fix the error to load that data right? if your current file is not proper format then use that on component error on the db component  to email component.

Manohar B
Twelve Stars

did it help you?
Manohar B