One Star

tFileOutputMSDelimited - Handling or Workaround

Hi there,
I've been working with Talend since some weeks for small task.
Now I've got a Task which require a MultiSchema Delimited File. It seems that the "tFileOutputMSDelimited" would be the way I could handle it.
But I stuck and don't find any example for handling this task.
Enviroment
Windowx XP SP3
Talend OS 3.2.3.r35442, Jobs are Java-Based.
Task
1. Get Data from a Oracle Connection (View)
2. Write for each row a file (MultiSchema, Details below)
3. Upload to an FTP
Input
As suggested, the input is quite simple.
A view, which already gather all necessary information.
One Row = One MS File.
Output
The file has to be an "old style" of ASCII Datafile.
Row 1: SequenceID#Value1.1
Row 2: SequenceID#Value2.1#Value2.2#...
Row 3: ?..
Example
HEA#001
POS#0102.1021-2#08.03.2010#...
END#001
Question
After some tries it seems I just missing the fundamental understanding of the "tFileOutputMSDelimited"-Component.
My suggestion was to work with a tMap-Component. Then I tried several approaches.
First I tried to make for each ?output-row? a generic schema (okay, I had to export as XML and import it into the Component Settings of the MSDelimited). That means 8 possible rows = 8 schemas. That didn?t worked out for the tMap connection to the MSDelimited (because only one connection from the tMap was allowed)
Second I tried to make one big schema for all rows and tried with unique Naming (S1SeqID, S2SeqID, etc). But then I couldn?t compile it (InvocationTargetException). Added this example as Screenshots.
Third I tried to use tBuffer, but I couldn'z connect several buffer to the "tFileOutputMSDelimited"-Component.
Now I?m stuck and don?t know which direction I should going.
Another approach, (found during the search in the forum) which I will consider: Using a simple delimited output with a ?\n? Columns.
But first I?d like to get a proper solution with the "tFileOutputMSDelimited"-Component.
Thanks in advance for any help/idea/suggesstions.
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tFileOutputMSDelimited - Handling or Workaround

Hello
First, I show a demo job on the following url and explain some properties of component.
http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=10298
That means 8 possible rows = 8 schemas. That didn?t worked out for the tMap connection to the MSDelimited (because only one connection from the tMap was allowed)

Output the differenct rows to temparary file or memory with tHashInput component, and then use tHashInput componets to read respective rows from memory and link them to tFileOutputMSdelimited.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

First, I show a demo job on the following url and explain some properties of component.
http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=10298

Thanks for the Link, but it directs to an access denied message. Even with a registered BugTracker Account.
Output the differenct rows to temparary file or memory with tHashInput component, and then use tHashInput componets to read respective rows from memory and link them to tFileOutputMSdelimited.

I will try this sugesstion and keep you up to date.
Thanks a lot for your answer.
Community Manager

Hello
Thanks for the Link, but it directs to an access denied message. Even with a registered BugTracker Account.

You need register an account of Talend bugtracker. Bugtracker is the right place where you can report a bug or feature, find and check if the problem you meet is a bug.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hello

You need register an account of Talend bugtracker. Bugtracker is the right place where you can report a bug or feature, find and check if the problem you meet is a bug.

Well, I made an account, before I mentioned the access issue. Bugtracker Account is "Telaran" and the Link didn't worked, still get Access Denied. The issue with number "10298" is not even listed in the "View Issues" (I tried several filters).
I would really like to see the example.
Because I've tried the Hash-Component and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
I can now have several Inputs to the tFileOutputMSDelimited , but as soon I've got more than 1 Input, I receive an error.
I guess it's in the config of the parent rows -> Are they even necessary in the tFileOutputMSDelimited-configuration? If yes, would this mean to get an ID for make the reference between the rows/inputs?
I've added a picture of the current "testground" (Input from a CSV instead of a database, only 2 HashInput linked to the MSDelimited) and the error.
One Star

I get exactly the same error when I have more than one input into a tFileOutputMSDelimited component.
I just want to output multiple schemas without any relationship. Did anyone resolve this error?
One Star

I would really like to see the example.
I guess it's in the config of the parent rows -> Are they even necessary in the tFileOutputMSDelimited-configuration? If yes, would this mean to get an ID for make the reference between the rows/inputs?

I had the same problem trying to see the bugtracker link "access denied"
However in an unrelated problem than yours, I have posted an example of how to configure the tFileOutputMSDelimited component. Hope that helps.
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16987

thanks
Pankul