tFileOutputExcel:maximum number of rows has been exceeded

One Star

tFileOutputExcel:maximum number of rows has been exceeded

Hello,
i have a job with a request in entry and in output I have an excel file but when I run the job I have this message :
Exception in component tFileOutputExcel_1
jxl.write.biff.RowsExceededException: The maximum number of rows permitted on a worksheet been exceeded
at jxl.write.biff.WritableSheetImpl.getRowRecord(WritableSheetImpl.java:1070)
at jxl.write.biff.WritableSheetImpl.addCell(WritableSheetImpl.java:1046)
at procedure_bouclage_bavar.requete_05.requete_05.tOracleInput_1Process(requete_05.java:457)
at procedure_bouclage_bavar.requete_05.requete_05.runJobInTOS(requete_05.java:680)
at procedure_bouclage_bavar.requete_05.requete_05.main(requete_05.java:596)
How can I solve this problem?
Regards, Jollyjohn
One Star

Re: tFileOutputExcel:maximum number of rows has been exceeded

Hello,
An Excel worksheet is limited in number of row (about 65k)
So I think you try to put more than 65k rows in your excel file.

JC
One Star

I came across this error with JasperOutput writing XLS file but I only have 45k records
The interesting thing is if I use the FileOutputExcel component, there's no error and successfully finished the export.
So I copied jxl.jar from FileOutputExcel and put it under JasperOutput dir, then reference the new jar file in tJasperOutput_java.xml.. still giving me that number of rows exceeded exception...
Any other ways to fix it?
One Star

any update on this?
One Star

Did you try to use the checkbox "Write excel2007 format" ?
The 65K limitation should be for older versions and the new format should support over 1 million records per sheet.
If you still have more records than the Excel limit you should split the data between multiple sheets or multiple Files.
One Star

I also came across this error with Talend Data Integration, using tFileOutputExcel. Setting the "Write Excel2007 file format" fixes the error.