WHERE B='b'
AND C='c'
AND D='d'
AND E='e';
I configured the tFileOutputExcel component in the following manner:
- I changed the file name of the output file
- I included the headers in the output file
The result is ridiculous:
- the name of tableeeee's columns appear in the first row of the output Excel file
- the result (consisting of only one number) is put in the first column and the second row of the Excel file
Can you please tell me:
- how to modify tableeeee's column names that appear in the output file (I CANNOT change the names of tableeeee's columns because of a variety of reasons). I would like to have only one column name in the output file's first row and first column that will match the description of the result.
- how to make further modifications to the output file, such as changing the colors of the columns, writing in bold, etc...
Thank you.

Re: tFileOutputExcel -> changing column names

Hi,
how to modify tableeeee's column names that appear in the output file (I CANNOT change the names of tableeeee's columns because of a variety of reasons). I would like to have only one column name in the output file's first row and first column that will match the description of the result.

You can use tMap to rename your table column name. Why don't you use "Merge cell" into your output excel file, if you want to one column instead of | A | B | C | D | E |?
how to make further modifications to the output file, such as changing the colors of the columns, writing in bold, etc...

Talend is a code generator ETL which use JAVA as the underline technology generated to perform the Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
So far, we don't support for changing the colors of the columns, writing in bold.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

The column names in the output file are the column names in the schema of the output component. If your query is just select count(*) then the schema of your input and output components should just be one column with whatever name you want.
One Star

Thank you all for your help!
However, can you please tell me more specifically what I should do (what component to modify, what button to click, what window to open, etc...)?
Thx again.
One Star

I've just solved my problem. I clicked on the 'Guess Schema' button situated in the 'Composant' tab of tMysqlInput and all the columns I had before got replaced by only one column whose name was sth like t_count_.... .
P.S. Since I'm a beginner, I had never used the 'Guess Schema' button before.
Seven Stars

You don't need Guess Schema. Just click on the ... button next to schema and edit to your heart's content.