tFileOutputExcel component : Font choice

One Star

tFileOutputExcel component : Font choice

Good morning,
I had a problem when I changed my version of TOS (2.3.3 to 3.0.3) with the component tFileOutputExcel. In the new version, for the component tFileOutputExcel, there is a comboBox where we can define the font of data (Arial, Times New Roman..). I am using a Template for my Excel files, and because of the choice of fonts, the format of my Excel cells is not retained.
It would be nice, if we could be able to disable the comboBox of Font of the component tFileOutputExcel.
Thank you,
Vincent
One Star

Re: tFileOutputExcel component : Font choice

You might want to check out Hugo's component: excel report, which gives you a lot of control on the target file (which is based on a template file). See: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/tos/extension_view.php?eid=110
One Star

Thank you for your answer CaptainRoo,
I was trying Hugo's component tExcelReport, but I don't understand very well how does it work. I tried it on the version 3.0.3, and some mistakes appeared in the source code.
Could you explain me how to fufill the tables : "Object Name Definition" and "Object Nesting" please.
Thank you,
Vincent
One Star

I'm using TIS 3.0.4 and am wishing this component would work. I've created the appropriate template.xls with the cells containing the information to be passed in from the data flow. All looks well except that no output file is generated. According to the statistics, my dataflow reached that component, but nothing happens to it afterwards. I've read Hugo's Blog and the tutorial PDF concerning this component but have yet to come out with a successful outcome.
Maybe I am doing something wrong and it can/does work with 3.0.4, or there are some changes from 3.0.0 to 3.0.4 which make it incompatible.
Anyone have any answers?