tFileOutPutExcel Component cuts leading 0 in numbers

One Star

tFileOutPutExcel Component cuts leading 0 in numbers

example : I have 0,22 but in it is shown in excel as ,22.
How the problem could be resolved?
Thank you in advance for for your answer.
One Star

Re: tFileOutPutExcel Component cuts leading 0 in numbers

Could You post some more info on the job what it does what components are used in the flow. I created a test job loding csv file into Excel and all was well I had the leading 0.
One Star

certainly,
the job reads tha data from Oracle DB (tOracleInput) and data are sent to tFileOutPutExcel.
Between both component the same schema is used. The column that I mean is defined as Number
The value comes from Oracle as 0.22 and is shown in excel as .22 (without leading zero)
One Star

certainly,
the job reads tha data from Oracle DB (tOracleInput) and data are sent to tFileOutPutExcel.
Between both component the same schema is used. The column that I mean is defined as Number
The value comes from Oracle as 0.22 and is shown in excel as .22 (without leading zero)
One Star

Ok so the Number data type definition is the same as Numeric in PostgreSQL which I use. I have exported the data from table containing one row with values 0.22, 0.22 and the result was correct in Excel. I have used Advanced separator in Advanced settings of tFileOutputExcel component leaving the default settings, encoding was set to ISO-8859-15. I'm using TOS 4.2. I'd go with Excel cell formatting.
Try doing one more thing:add tLogRow component between tOracleInput and tFileOuputExcel see what are 'raw' data that are retrieved by the component. Then You will know wether the 0 is cut while creting the XLS file or by the OracleInput.
One Star

Ok so the Number data type definition is the same as Numeric in PostgreSQL which I use. I have exported the data from table containing one row with values 0.22, 0.22 and the result was correct in Excel. I have used Advanced separator in Advanced settings of tFileOutputExcel component leaving the default settings, encoding was set to ISO-8859-15. I'm using TOS 4.2. I'd go with Excel cell formatting.
Try doing one more thing:add tLogRow component between tOracleInput and tFileOuputExcel see what are 'raw' data that are retrieved by the component. Then You will know wether the 0 is cut while creting the XLS file or by the OracleInput.

Thank you for your hint with tLogRow. I have checked it, 0 is cut by tOracleInput. Unfortunately I failed to find how I can to avoid it. I found no settings by tOracleInput, that could be useful in this case.
One Star

You're welcome. Please post the setting You use in tOracleInput.
One Star

You're welcome. Please post the setting You use in tOracleInput.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download