tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Six Stars

tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Help needed....

I have the following in my job   tFileList-->tTikaExtractor-->tFixedFlowInput-->tFileOutputDelimited. tFileList is set to iterate through the directory i want to pick up  word files based on the "*.*" mask. Execution of the tFileList seems to be working as expected based on the execution it shows in the work area. The tTikaExtractor requires a File to analyze as input for the Component and is overriding the input filename from the tFileList. How do i iterate through a list of files from a directory for tTikaExtractor ? 

Thanks

-Shak

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Having ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) in the "File to analyze" for tTikaExtractor solved my issue. Now the file list is carried over from tFileList to tTikaExtractor for processing. 

Thanks a lot ehigaki!

All Replies

Re: tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Have you tried using ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))?

Six Stars

Having ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) in the "File to analyze" for tTikaExtractor solved my issue. Now the file list is carried over from tFileList to tTikaExtractor for processing. 

Thanks a lot ehigaki!