tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Six Stars

tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Help needed....

I have the following in my job   tFileList-->tTikaExtractor-->tFixedFlowInput-->tFileOutputDelimited. tFileList is set to iterate through the directory i want to pick up  word files based on the "*.*" mask. Execution of the tFileList seems to be working as expected based on the execution it shows in the work area. The tTikaExtractor requires a File to analyze as input for the Component and is overriding the input filename from the tFileList. How do i iterate through a list of files from a directory for tTikaExtractor ? 

Thanks

-Shak

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Having ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) in the "File to analyze" for tTikaExtractor solved my issue. Now the file list is carried over from tFileList to tTikaExtractor for processing. 

Thanks a lot ehigaki!

All Replies

Re: tFileList iteration of word documents in directory not visible to tTikaExtractor

Have you tried using ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH"))?

Six Stars

Having ((String)globalMap.get("tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) in the "File to analyze" for tTikaExtractor solved my issue. Now the file list is carried over from tFileList to tTikaExtractor for processing. 

Thanks a lot ehigaki!

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.