tFileList can't read specific directory in Linux Redhat

Highlighted
Three Stars

tFileList can't read specific directory in Linux Redhat

Hi All,

Overview:

I'm try make ETL at Linux server, my jar from talend if run on windows no problem but when run jar in Linux server tFileList can't read specific directory.

my design :

tFileList ->>  tFileInputJson ->> tLogRow ->> tDBSCD

Environtment

Java jdk1.8.0_181

Linux RedHat

tFileList Details:

tFileJsonInput.PNGtFileList_Context.PNG

tFileInputJSON Details:

tFileList_Detail.PNG

any ideas for this?

Thanks

Albarhp

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: tFileList can't read specific directory in Linux Redhat

Hi,

First thing I will do is to verify the Current file paths are getting values from tFileList. I will do it by adding a tjava and print the results in console using Syste.out.print().

It could be a small issue that the directory you are pointing might not be having the right files or you are pointing to wrong directory.

Once it is established that I am able to fetch the files in Unix, then I will check whether I have mapped the data of JSON correctly in sample Unix file (since the job is running fine in Windows).

Could you please try these and let us know the results?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

All Replies
Employee

Hi,

First thing I will do is to verify the Current file paths are getting values from tFileList. I will do it by adding a tjava and print the results in console using Syste.out.print().

It could be a small issue that the directory you are pointing might not be having the right files or you are pointing to wrong directory.

Once it is established that I am able to fetch the files in Unix, then I will check whether I have mapped the data of JSON correctly in sample Unix file (since the job is running fine in Windows).

Could you please try these and let us know the results?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)
Three Stars

I tried to sysout of context.directory the result is:

sysout.PNGsysout resultdir.PNGfiles at my directory

Employee

Ok. So the issue is in identification of files in tFileList component.

Could you please remove the file mask and try? Also please verify whether the spelling and case is correct for the directory.

I would also suggest to have a quick look in the advanced settings also to make sure that you have not selected "Use exclde filemask"

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Three Stars

Hi Nikhil,

Problems not from directory but problems from json content different between at windows directory and at linux directory.

Thanks for your time.

Albarhp

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.