</desc>
<desc> ...</desc>
</descriptions>

</product>
<product>
</product>
</products>
</root>

to read this file, I use first a tFileInput XML, that select a complete product block in a string, the checkbox "with nodes" is selected.
then i get the first level in a tExtractXMLField, and a string "descriptions" that contains all the block <descriptions>. then I read this in a tExtractXMLField, etc etc.

Is it the good way to read a multiple level XML file ?

In my example, I need to insert the data from the XML file into a mysql database with stored procedures.
As I have no output flow from a stored proc, I use a tmap to recover the values sent in input of the sp. I made a screenshot, because it's not easy to explain !

Thank you for your advises.
One Star

Re: tFileInputXML read a multi level XML file

hi
I had to change the way I read my file, because it took 1h40 to read a 60 Mo xml file !
So now for each part of my file, I have a tfileInputXML, a tmap and a mysql stored procedure component. -> 25 minutes.
I think 25 min is steel to much to read a file - 60 Mo is not a huge file - and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to read a complex XML file. I really need to be fast because all the process must be rollback if an error occurs.
However I can't find any solution in the forum.
Does anybody has an idea ?
Thank you