One Star

tFileInputXML failing, 'cannot be resolved to a variable'

I've been searching this for about 30 mins now and haven't found the answer.
Normally I work with CSV, but this time XML is the raw data feeds format. For this I'm trying to use the tFileInputXML component. The data used is in the following format:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:g="http://base.google.com/ns/1.0">
<entry>
<g:id>...</g:id>
<title>...</title>
<description>...</description>
...
<g:mpn>...</g:mpn>
</entry>
<entry>
...
</entry>
</feed>
So, I've setup my fileinputxml with the parameters shown in the two screenshots.
When running I'm getting the error 'x cannot be resolved to a variable' for all the entries in screenshot 1. What am I doing wrong here...?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: tFileInputXML failing, 'cannot be resolved to a variable'

NO idear how, but my 2nd screenshot won't be uploaded, so here it is
One Star

Re: tFileInputXML failing, 'cannot be resolved to a variable'

Hi
I do not really know about the error. However, you can try reading the XML file using Metadata>File XML>Create File XML.
This will give options to choose the required columns. Once the configuration is completed, drag and drop into the job. From here on, it should be like any other format.
-
Sangi
Seventeen Stars

Re: tFileInputXML failing, 'cannot be resolved to a variable'

hi,
seems that you've got some namespace in element name . (ex. g:id)
add it to your Xpath queries if necessary.
hope it helps
regards
laurent
One Star

Re: tFileInputXML failing, 'cannot be resolved to a variable'

After checking some other slightly related threads, I figured that all the XPath-queries should be in parentheses... Now it seems rather obvious, but so stupid that I didn't notice it.
Thanks for the help though!