tFileInputMail - detach from HTML mail

One Star

tFileInputMail - detach from HTML mail

Hi,
I have a problem with detaching attachments from HTML mails using tFileInputMail - is it even possible/supported?
From the mail file, I see attachment like this:
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
name="xyz.csv"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Thanks for your support!
Greg

Re: tFileInputMail - detach from HTML mail

Hi,
Have you checked online component reference TalendHelpCenter:tFileInputMail, which reads the header and content parts of defined email file(The file should be saved in local).
What's your job design? tpop-->tFileInputMail? Could you please show us your work flow screenshots?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have no problems detaching from plaintext mail. But from HTML mail, I have problems.
For testing purposes, I have a local mail file test.mail (I got it from tPop), which I just process via tFileinputMail --> tLogRow. I successfully parse some mail fields (From, Subject, Status etc.), however I don't get attachments detached.
Greg

Hi,
What is the schema that you defined for your tFileInputMail?
Basic Settings of tFileInputMail:
Collumn Mail part
SUBJECT SUBJECT
ATTACHMENT ATTACHMENT
Could you please show your component setting screenshot to us?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

One thing I've figured.
The content I get from tPOP is:
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
name="xyz.csv"

If I change that to:
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="xyz.csv"

... it works! Seems like that I don't get "Content-Disposition: attachment" part from tPOP if the mail is in HTML.
Can you reproduce this? Perhaps I can send you test.mail file?
Regards,
Greg

Hi,
Could you please indicate the build version you're using? Sending the test.mail file to me will be preferred so that we can take a testing for this scenario.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I'm on:
"Talend Open Studio for Data Integration"
Version: 5.4.1
Build id: r111943-20131212-1133
I've sent you a link to test.mail and exportet job.
Thanks for your time.
Greg
One Star

Hi, just wondering ... did you get my test case?
Thanks!

Hi vevavar,
Sorry for delay.
Thanks for your email, however, I cannot get them from drive.google.com. Would you mind sending them to me by attachment?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

How can I send the attachments to you? I don't have your email. Sorry, I'm new to this forum Smiley Happy

Hi,
You can click the "E-mail" link under my avatar. I have send a confirmation email to you. Could you please check it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, I've sent you both attachments.
Fingers crossed Smiley Happy

Hi vevavar,
I have made a testing for your case and got the same result as yours.
Could you please open a Work Item jira issue on TalendBugTracker, our developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Does this feature of extracting attachment from email using component tfileinputmail available  in 5.4 version ??.
I have been trying in 5.4 but no success.
Thanks
Krishna

Hi,
What's the error message you are getting when extracting attachment from email using component tfileinputmail in 5.4?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi ,
tFileInputMail component , only extracting the text of the email , but not extracting the attachment. Screenshot attached.
Thanks
Krisreddy