tFileInputMSPositional - How to extract values from the component

One Star

tFileInputMSPositional - How to extract values from the component

I am Using the tFileInputMSPositional component to parse a text file which is multi schema. I able to extract those values using the tlogrow component. I am not able to extract these values from tFileInputMSPositional component to the other components as tmap. Please let me know your suggestions.
I am trying to extract header 1, header 2, body 1 and body 2 different schema values in a tmap.
Input File :
1 TEST FILE 20090724 188TEST COMPANY
5NEWCOMPANY 88999569111111205000001
6040102002016841 000000000011111 90724205
7USER1 111 TEST ST TESTCITY CA90000
8555995690000827 000000011111000001
9 000001 000000000000827 000000031111196
Community Manager

Re: tFileInputMSPositional - How to extract values from the component

Hello
I am trying to extract header 1, header 2, body 1 and body 2 different schema values in a tmap.

I think you are tring to create a cycle flow in a job. You are not allowed to create a cycle flow in a job. See 1468.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Can you please upload the image for extracting the header 1, header 2, body 1 and body 2 from tFileInputMSPositional component. The multi schema is configured in the same positional fine. Just to add header 1, header 2, body 1 and body 2 are different schema in the same file.
One Star

Shong,
I have also attached the schema defintion for the tFileInputMSPositional file
One Star

hi Shong
Basically, what Dinesh is asking is that we know that Multishchema component gives records of different types (row_A_1, row_B_1, row_C_1) but is there a way we can combine any two of the outputs e.g. ca we combine row_A_1 and row_B_1. If yes, how ?
Thanks
Z
Community Manager

Hello
but is there a way we can combine any two of the outputs e.g. ca we combine row_A_1 and row_B_1. If yes, how ?

Because you are not allowed to create a cycle flow in a job, so as a workaround, you can output the row_A_1 and row_B_1 to two temporary files first, and in the next subjob, using two tFileInputDelimited components to read the temp files again and merge them on tMap. In a job, you can use tCreateTemporaryFile to create temp file, the file will be deleted auto when the job ends.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Is this still the case for tFileInputMSPositional? I also have a multi schema positional file but every 7 rows is one entity. So basically I have to combine all 7 rows into one row. I know that I can export them into 7 temporary files, then re-import them and join them in either tmap or tjoin...but I was hoping there is a way around this. I am not sure as to why tFileInputMSPositional still does not allow me to aggregate rows...
Four Stars

I decided to export all 7 rows to different csv files and input them again. My current issue is that I am not sure how to combine them in tMap.
Each of the 7 rows/outputs/inputs = 1 actual row. Do I have to create an extra column to number them in the output so that I can match them in the tmap? Any help would be great.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads