tFileInputExcel says "Text on sheet not supported"

One Star

tFileInputExcel says "Text on sheet not supported"

Hi,
I have an excel file to open with talend. This file is generated from an application and the first sheet name containe accents "éffectif".
So when i tell talend to take the sheet "éffectif" it says :
Warning : Text on sheet "éffectif" no supported - omitting

How can i bypass the fact that talend does not like the "é" ?
Thanks.
EDIT : Oh and if someone knows where i can find a list of the Talend error with explanation it would be nice Smiley Happy
Employee

Re: tFileInputExcel says "Text on sheet not supported"

Hi ffwrude,
You need to change the encoding, you can find that in the advanced settings of your component, just change it to UTF-8 and you should be good!
One Star

Hi,
Just changed to UTF-8. Still got the same error.
One Star

Hi. I would like to make a "bump". Because i can't figure out how to include excel sheets with a "é" character in it.
Seven Stars

I have no trouble reading an Excel sheet with that name (using v4.1.3), without even changing the encoding. Maybe try specifying the sheet position (starting from 0) rather than its name or use a regex match instead if you think that's the problem.
Perhaps screenprint the tFileInputExcel settings and the actual worksheet.
One Star

Hi and thank you for your answer. I already tried to read the sheet using "0" but actually i changed the name of the sheet and the Excel file won't open so it's not because of the accents.
I don't know why talend won't open this file. Apparently the "é" wasn't the problem there. Maybe it's the file but i don't have problem with it in Excel.
EDIT : i try to upload the image but it doesn't display in there.
Seven Stars

Make sure your image is <200Kb and 1024x768