tFileInputExcel reading all cells as null

Highlighted
One Star

tFileInputExcel reading all cells as null

Hi, 
I have a job that takes an input xlsx file and maps it to another file, but in this particular job, the component is not reading my data.

My job skips the 10 row header, as expected, and reads the 88 rows of data, which I can see in the file are not null.

The job reads 88 rows, then my filter removes rows with a null date. This removes every row because the input is reading nulls for every value.

I can't seem to figure out why it's not reading the data, when it can clearly read the file.

Update:
If i manually enter anything into the blank row in the header(row 9 is blank), the job runs properly. I put one whitespace character into a cell on the blank row(I picked column B) and it worked. It seems the null row in the header is causing the component to read all other cells as null.
One Star

Re: tFileInputExcel reading all cells as null

what are the settings of your tFilterRow_1? That is where values go in, but they don't come out.
Best of Luck! ~Damn it, Jim! I'm an Aquatic Scientist, not a Programmer! >>)))))o>
One Star

If you put your tLog before the tFilter, you would see data.
Best of Luck! ~Damn it, Jim! I'm an Aquatic Scientist, not a Programmer! >>)))))o>
One Star

My tfilterRow_1 is filtering for nulls in one column using basic settings. 
I have a tLogRow both before and after the filter, so I can see what the data looks like before and after filtering. Before is the full schema with nulls in every cell, after is empty, 0 rows of data. 
Based on the input, the filter is working properly, removing all rows where my chosen column is null. My issue seems to be that tFileInputExcel_2 is not reading data, and is instead reading nulls in every cell.
One Star

I can't share the data, but from this screenshot you can see that there is indeed data in the table. That empty row in the header seems to be the problem somehow, is there a way to remove it and use another input to read the data after removal?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud

Read Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download