One Star

tFileInputExcel - StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi,
I am trying to import an excel file with the tFileInputExcel component.  There are 4 columns in the excel files, however, end users infrequently add extra data into a 5th column.  When I try to read these edited files in, I get an error as follows :
Exception in component tFileInputExcel_1
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 119
    at java.lang.String.checkBounds(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at jxl.biff.StringHelper.getString(StringHelper.java:164)
    at jxl.read.biff.WriteAccessRecord.<init>(WriteAccessRecord.java:56)
    at jxl.read.biff.WorkbookParser.parse(WorkbookParser.java:820)
    at jxl.Workbook.getWorkbook(Workbook.java:271)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.tFileInputExcel_1Process(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:829)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.tFileList_2Process(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:4062)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:4436)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.tPrejob_1Process(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:4592)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.runJobInTOS(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:4809)
    at moscow1.caf_combine_click_inf_0_3.CAF_combine_click_inf.main(CAF_combine_click_inf.java:4654)
I have tried adding in additional columns into the built in scheme and setting the first and last columns to 1 and 4.  I've also tried checking and unchecking all of the options in the advanced settings.  Nothing appears to work for me.
I am stumped; I just don't see why this is so difficult.  Any thoughts???
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tFileInputExcel - StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi  
I don't have any hint why you got this error now, can you please send me your job with a sample file for further investigation?
Thanks!
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: tFileInputExcel - StringIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your reply.  So there is a new development.  When I tried to anonymize the data within a file so I could send it to you, the issue went away.  It seems just opening the excel file and closing it, without even saving the changes, stops the issue from occurring.
Any idea's why that would be the case and how I could fix it?
Kind regards,
Derek