tFileInputDelimited

Highlighted
Seven Stars

tFileInputDelimited

My tFileInputDelimited was working fine earlier. I tried to run my job again and it is throwing this error and I am not sure why. Any help is appreciated. Attached the screenshot of the component

"Error in the component's properties:The method parseTo_Double(String) from the type ParserUtils refers to the missing type Double"

Highlighted

Re: tFileInputDelimited

@A_San ,can you restart your studio and try execute if you are getting same error can you show the schema of the each component,somewhere schema issue. 

Manohar B
Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.
Highlighted
Six Stars

Hi,

Try restarting the studio and take a re-run of your job. Looks like it is an issue with schema. Could you please be more specific on this?

Regards,

Bhagwat

Highlighted

@bhagwatn ,can you provide the screenshot of schema each component?

Manohar B
Highlighted
Seven Stars

@manodwhb @bhagwatn 

Attached the schema. When I changed the datatype of metric count from double to string, the error did not come up. But it was working fine earlier with double.

I tried restarting Talend. I deleted the component and created it again and added the schema. Still no luck.

I noticed that I am getting similar error with tMap as well which was working earlier. Attached the screenshot.

I recently exported everything from my old laptop and imported to new laptop. Would that cause this error? If so do I need to create the job designs all over again?

Highlighted
Seven Stars

@manodwhb @bhagwatn 

It is working fine in my old laptop. I tried reimporting again to the new laptop and it still doesn't work. Could you please help ? Do I need to create the jobs again the new laptop?

Highlighted
Six Stars

Could you please provide the screenshot of the schema of your tFileInputDelimited?
Highlighted
Seven Stars

@bhagwatn 

I had already provided the schema attachment. But I am attaching it again. Please see the attachment SS18. 

@bhagwatn @manodwhb 

When I ran the job in my old laptop, I didnt get the error. This is happening only in my new laptop. I tried exporting and importing the job designs,the entire project but nothing is helping.

Highlighted
Seven Stars

@bhagwatn @manodwhb 

When I ran the job in my old laptop, I didnt get the error. This is happening only in my new laptop. I tried exporting and importing the job designs,the entire project but nothing is helping.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Are you using the same studio version on old laptop and new laptop?
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Highlighted
Seven Stars

@shong 

Yes. it is the same version - TOS_BD-20190620_1446-V7.2.1

Highlighted

@A_San ,can you do one test just change type from double to sting in new laptop code and test is it working?

Manohar B
Highlighted
Seven Stars

@manodwhb,

When I changed the datatype from double to string, the error did not come up. Even tMap which was working earlier is giving similar error. Attached the screenshot of tMap error. All the errors refer to missing data types. My JDK version also seems fine. 

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas

Blog