I have a txt file with usage of what appears to be "en dash"
However, in talend, I can't seem to get it to recognize as it just shows up as junk character.
I found this older post
but even after trying to change the encoding type for my tFileInputDelimited component from "US-ASCII" to "UTF-8"; the tLogRow output still displays as un-readable; (was trying to focus on Talend etl reading before moving on to MSSQL database setup).
– (en dash)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Could you please try to create file delimited metadata and get another encoding for your input file to see if it works? Would you mind posting some sample content of your txt file with "en dash"?
Yes,I have already tried to change the encoding of the adv setting of the metadata (tFileInputdelimited)
Studio also has configuration set Talend> Specific Settings [chkbox] allow specific characters for .....
I've tried encoding from US-ASCII to UTF-8 and ISO-8859-15 ( to no avail.)
US-ASCII/UTF-8 shows question mark
ISO-8859-15; blank space
Below is example of text not reading into Talend:
"Polar Ice – Gum" en dash (Talend reads as "Polar Ice � Gum")
"Polar Ice - Gum" hypen (Talend reads fine)
– N (en dash)
— M (em dash)
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Watch the recorded webinar!
Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.
Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
Test drive Talend's enterprise products.