One Star

tFileFetch

How can I use tFileFetch component, to fetch all the files in a network share, and copy all of them into my local drive?
I don't know how many files are there or what are their file names, but I do know their extension, ie, .csv.
Is it possible to fetch all the files? Or just one single file?
6 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: tFileFetch

please make me clear about network share network. is it a local shared folder where all the files are stored? or any http or FTP location?
if it is a local shared folder on network you can used tfilecopy component along with tfilelist, no need to use tFileFetch,
if you want to get files from http using tfilefetch then it required uri means complete name of file with path,
if it is FTP then you must go with tFTPGet instead tFileFetch.

hope this will help you.
One Star

It can be either:
1) Local
2) FTP
I am trying to use a tJava component to check if a context variable is "ftp" or "local". If it is "ftp" I am creating ftp connection and retrieving the files using tFTPGet (Run If).
I want to connect this same tJava (using Run If again) to connect to the tFileList (for "local"). How can I do that? It's not allowing me.
One Star

Okay, another tJava was connected via "Iterate" to this tFileList. I changed it to "On Component Ok" and it works now.
Now I am able to fetch from both FTP as well as local directories using the same Talend job.
Thanks.
Five Stars

if possible could you just share a screen of job design it will help to understand, and I tested your scenario and it is working at my place
my job design is as below.
tjava-----if----tFTPGet
\
if
\
tFileList-----tFileCopy-----so-on
One Star

Okay, I followed your example, and made it to work, I was connecting the common component by an Iterate, so I was unable to connect one of the flows to that workflow.
So when I try to fetch a list of files from local Windows share (that requires credentials), how can I do that? Is there anywhere I can specify a username/password to authenticate to that share location? Its not FTP, its a normal Windows network share.
One Star

Can anyone help me regarding this?
"How can I fetch a list of files from local Windows share (that requires credentials)? Is there anywhere I can specify a username/password to authenticate to that share location? Its not FTP, its a normal Windows network share."