One Star

tFileExcelWorkbookOpen throwing error for .XLSX

Hi,
I am using the custom components tFileExcelWorkbookOpen, tFileExcelWorkbookSave, tFileExcelSheetOutput and it worked fine for .XLS.
But the minute I switched to creating .XLSX files, it started throwing this error if I try to read the file I just created using tFileExcelWorkbookOpen (Create Empty Workbook option.)  
Please note that we also did a java version upgrade from 1.7.8 to 1.7.97
This is the actual error I am getting
2016-02-11 23:33:13|lQqABm|20160211233302_3NxWK|yPGLrN|GRP_ETL|jo_GRP_RPT_0003_generateServiceSummaryXls_J1|Default|6|Java Exception|tFileExcelWorkbookOpen_1|java.lang.IllegalStateException:Zip File is closed|1
Attached are my screenshots. screenshots.zip
Can someone please respond to this? We have a big performance hit because of the out of the box component to create xlsx file as it opens and closes the file each time.
Thanks
Shuba
4 REPLIES

Re: tFileExcelWorkbookOpen throwing error for .XLSX

Hi,
tFileExcelWorkbookOpen, tFileExcelWorkbookSave, tFileExcelSheetOutput are custom components written by Talend community user and shared on Talend exchange. Feel free to contact to the author jlolling directly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina for your response. I have been writing back and forth with him on a different thread as well. But he hasnt responded for the last 3 days and I still dont have a solution for this issue. I have sent him a personal email. Hopefully he will respond.
One Star

Hi Jolling, As per our discussion, I am attaching the .zip file of a sample job here which is similar to what I'm trying to do. Although I coudnlt reproduce the same error here, I still get an apache POI null pointer error for this basic job. Hope this helps!
SampleMaster.zip
Thanks
Shuba                                                                            

One Star

Jan, Please use the latest .zip file attached. Thanks!