Four Stars

tFileExcelSheetOutput only output cells in text format

HI.

I'm new with this component tFileExcelSheetOutput and I made a job that outputs a WorkBook with 5 sheets from scratch, without a template file.

I'm opening the tFileExcelWorkBook with options "Create empty workbook" and "Memory Saving" checked.

At the each tFileExcelSheetOutput I´m trying to set different header names and cell formats. My data source have both string and numbers (long, double and BigDecimal). The only option checked was "Include header".

The job works fine but when I opened the Excel file, all the cells are in text format. The header was changed as I expected but the format of numbers cells doesn't. Worse, all cells remains as text format.

What have I done wrong? Should need I to use a template file?

Thanks for any help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: tFileExcelSheetOutput only output cells in text format

Hello,

tFileExcelSheetOutput is a custom component written by talend community user and shared on talend exchange portal.

Feel free to contact the author please.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
3 REPLIES
Four Stars

One more thing. I discovered that problem occurs when I checked "Include header". Without this, the data format works fine. But I need both format number and header.

Hello,

tFileExcelSheetOutput is a custom component written by talend community user and shared on talend exchange portal.

Feel free to contact the author please.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Sorry.

I will remember to use this only for Talend issues.

I contacted the author and my problem was solved.