Five Stars

tFileCopy - not working, if file is used by another process

Hallo,
I want to copy excel-files with "tFileList - iterate - tFileCopy".
In previous versions it works, although an excel-file, listed in tFileList-directory, is used.
Now I get the following message:
Starte Job J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis am 19:45 10/01/2017.
connecting to socket on port 3707
connected
Exception in component tFileCopy_1
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Aufgabenmanagement-AM\Bereich 1\Aktiv\~$B1-PMT-Beruf und Familie - V7 - TESTKOPIE.xlsm (Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.FileCopy.copyFile(FileCopy.java:40)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.tFileList_1Process(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:476)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.runJobInTOS(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:758)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.main(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:617)
disconnected
Job J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis endet am 19:45 10/01/2017.

I installed the program "tFileList - iterate - tFileCopy", because I cannot ensure that all files are closed.
Have anyone an idea, how I can copy a file although it is open/in use?
Thanks for your help
Stefan
7 REPLIES

Re: tFileCopy - not working, if file is used by another process

Hi,
Have you tried to use tfilelist-->tfilearchive-->tfilecopy? In this way, you can move the zipped file.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
thanks for your proposal. But it does not work.
In the folder of tFileList_1 there are EXCEL-files. It is working, if all excel-files are closed. If one excel-file is in use, it is not working and you get the following message:
Starte Job J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis am 09:52 11/01/2017.
connecting to socket on port 3823
connected
Exception in component tFileArchive_1
java.io.IOException: This archive contains unclosed entries.
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.finish(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:415)
at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipArchiveOutputStream.close(ZipArchiveOutputStream.java:808)
at com.talend.compress.zip.Zip.doZip1(Zip.java:172)
at com.talend.compress.zip.Zip.doZip(Zip.java:109)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.tFileList_1Process(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:494)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.runJobInTOS(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:919)
at am_sammeln_v1.j011_v1_kopieren_aus_verzeichnis_0_1.J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.main(J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis.java:778)
disconnected
Job J011_V1_Kopieren_aus_Verzeichnis endet am 09:52 11/01/2017.
I hope you have another idea
Thanks
Best regards
Stefan
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I tried to manage the problem with "XCOPY".
When I do this in the CMD-Editor, it is working (see file "B1_cmd-Editor"; here you see the editor and the command as well the copied files (in folder test_ziel). Also you see the open excel-file).

Now I tried to realize this with Talend (command "tSystem") (see "B2-1_Talend_CMD_component"). The result after starting the job you see in "B2-2_Talend_CMD_result. The files are not copied.

What is wrong in my Talent-Job? The command works fine in the editor but not in the Talend job?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards
Stefan
Five Stars

Screenshot B1_cmd-Editor
B1_cmd-Editor.pdf.pdf
Five Stars

Screenshot B2-1_Talend_CMD_component
B2-1_Talend_CMD_component.pdf
Five Stars

Screenshot B2-2_Talend_CMD_result
B2-2_Talend_CMD_result.pdf
Five Stars

Hallo community,
I do not know, why the "tsystem"-command is not working, although the command is working in the cmd-editor. This problem is not solved.
But I managed the problem with the following activities:
Problem:

copy excel-file when the excel-file is open/in use

Solution:

create bat-file  with content "cmd /c xcopy /E  C:\Pfad\*.* C:\Zielpfad" (all files and directories are copied, even if they are open)
use "tsystem"-command with "cmd /c c:/Pfad/Datei.bat"
This is probably not the most elegant method, but it works. (To mention it again: tFileCopy is not working by opened excel-files)
If anybody have an idea, why "tsystem"  is not working directly with "cmd /c xcopy /E  C:\Pfad\*.* C:\Zielpfad" (see examples above), I would be glad to get some hints.
Best regards
Stefan