tFTPget with Proxy and NTLM?

One Star

tFTPget with Proxy and NTLM?

Hi, I have the a problem in the following scenario and any help would be great.

I can access a ftp server using the FTPget, using a Usename and password.
I now need to go through a proxy, which should not be a problem, but the proxy also needs to have NTLM?? But its not offered for the tftpget component.
The component tfilefetch allows the use of NTLM together with a proxy but does not allow me to enter a username and password for ftp so I am stuck.
Is this a missing feature, or am I not seeing something more general. This is the first time I am having to use NTLM (company protocol, not mine) and I could be easily mistaken.
I am currently using tos 4.2.3
If more information is needed then please let me know.
Thanks and Regards
Paul
One Star

Re: tFTPget with Proxy and NTLM?

Hi
Try to use tSetProxy component and tFileFetch.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks very much for your response.
I found that if use the tFileFetch component I can't enter the user and password I need for the FTP server.
I also dont understand how I should combine the tFileFetch together with tSetProxy. Unfortunatly tSetProxy doesnt offer any onlne help.
One Star

I have managed to solve this problem, but outside of talend, using a tsystem call to a wget component. Pity.
One Star

Hi,
Did you try with entering your username/passw in the "requiring an authentification" in the advanced fields?
One Star

Yes, the issue here ist that both ftp server and proxy require identification and that the talend components dont support proxy authentification. -I am not talking about socks proxy.
I was very surprised to discover that the ftp component does not work with ftp over http and does not support an autoconfiguration (pac) file. This I have found out, is fairly basic stuff.
BUT
I am still fairly new to Talend and it could be possible that it can all be done within talend, just no one has been able to explain it to me here.
One Star

Hi,
In my tfetch component I have two identifications (i'm sorry if I'm totally out of the subject).
One Star

that looks like it might work, but I dont have the tfetch component, and my tfilefetch component looks different. Sorry to ask the dumb questions, but what version are you using and where can I find the component to try?
One Star

Sry, it's the tfilefetch component too (not tfetch ^^). I am on TOS 4.1.2.r53616. Good luck