tFTPPut failed during the file transfer

Six Stars

tFTPPut failed during the file transfer

tFTPPut_failure_001.PNG

I have directories in my local machine and I want to transfer the directories and the files to a remote server.

I created the same directories on the remote server with tFTPCreateDiretory component.

Then I used tFTPPut to transfer files from the local directories to the remote directory.

As you can see from above screenshot, the job failed during the file transfer. I checked the directories and files in the source and didn't see anything wrong.

Here is the error message -

Exception in component tFTPPut_1 (movefiles)
4:
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2846)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._put(ChannelSftp.java:594)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(ChannelSftp.java:475)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFileList_10Process(movefiles.java:2834)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFTPConnection_12Process(movefiles.java:2497)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFileList_8Process(movefiles.java:2251)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFTPConnection_7Process(movefiles.java:3987)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles$6.run(movefiles.java:5702)

Anyone had similar experience? Why tFTPPut job would fail and how should I fix it?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tFTPPut failed during the file transfer

I found out why tFTPPut failed during the file transfer.

This is related to the file being in use on the destination server. ( What I have been doing is to transfer files from the local machine to overwrite the existing files on the server)

So before transferring  the current local files to the destination server, I will add a "fiscal_period" to the current file names. This would avoid any file locking issues.

All Replies
Six Stars

Please check whether you have enough permissions to the user id via which you are connecting to sftp server. To try whether tFtpput has any issues try with a shell script to push the files too as an alternative.

Thanks,
Ramachandran B
Six Stars

Hi brama,

Thanks but I don't think it would be a permission issue. I was able to transfer some of the files over, it just failed in the middle of the transfer, not the beginning.

Here is an example:

Division-5 failure.PNG

The highlighted two files are supposed to be overwritten by the ones from the local folder. As you can see, the 1st was replaced but the 2nd one failed to do so ( This was the point that the job failed. All the folders before "Division 5" were transferred from local to remote server, the ones after "Division 5" were not.)

Thanks!

TM

BTW, here is the error message :
Exception in component tFTPPut_2 (movefiles)
4:
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2846)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp._put(ChannelSftp.java:594)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(ChannelSftp.java:475)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFileList_2Process(movefiles.java:2222)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles.tFTPConnection_2Process(movefiles.java:2728)
at pl_project.movefiles_1_0.movefiles$4.run(movefiles.java:3853)

Six Stars

I found out why tFTPPut failed during the file transfer.

This is related to the file being in use on the destination server. ( What I have been doing is to transfer files from the local machine to overwrite the existing files on the server)

So before transferring  the current local files to the destination server, I will add a "fiscal_period" to the current file names. This would avoid any file locking issues.